Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How long will Cooper stt's last me?

Old 08-29-2010, 07:09 AM   #1
Deer Dropper
TACO3 is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
TACO3's Tacoma Gallery
Question How long will Cooper stt's last me?

Im really not going 2 be in the mud that much but I the look of these tires has got me hooked.. so i have 2 get them. Im only puttin 31 10.50 on so how many miles do yall think ill get by just drivin em on the road?? thanks
Old 08-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
rotate them every 5,000 miles and if your alignment is straight, you should be able to get about 35,000 miles...

i ran two sets and got a lil over 32,000 on them with hard offroad use, and still managed to sell them used when replaced with new sets...
Old 08-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
1welder will become famous soon enough

Name: tony grace
1welder's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about the new tread pattern on the stt's. I had the old, more aggressive pattern. I rotated every 3000 (lifete rotation at walmart) and they lasted me 55000. That's one of the reasons I went with buckshots this time is because the tread pattern is real similar to the old stt's.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Discoverer STT

This was in 2006 on my 2005 Taco... They look great, and work in mud... but they are NOISY as hell and are terrible in sand.

So, it depnds on what you want to do.

They did give me the MOST miles of any tire I have yet to ues on my three Tacomas... 40,000 miles before I changed them to quiet, good working TOYO Open Country ATs and later those were replaced with COOPER Discoverer ATRs which were as good as the Toyos.

This is what I think I want to get for my 2010 Taco when it needs new shoes:

General Grabbers
Old 08-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
rotate them every 5,000 miles and if your alignment is straight, you should be able to get about 35,000 miles...

i ran two sets and got a lil over 32,000 on them with hard offroad use, and still managed to sell them used when replaced with new sets...
wow! thats not bad at all considering how aggressive they are

My next tires will either be these or the Duratracs