Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sacramento Area Toyota Mechanics?

Old 08-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Sacramento Area Toyota Mechanics?

My neighbor has a 98 V6 that is due for the timing belt. He wisely won't do it himself (he just isn't very mechanical), so he is shopping around for a good mechanic and a good price. He knows he should have the water pump, etc., done too.

I have got to say that after 15 years of trying to find a Totota mechanic I would go back to in this town, I still have not found one who didn't piss me off or drop the ball somehow (You overfilled the oil? Really? What else did you f'up that I can't see?). This is one of the reasons I starting doing all my own work on everything I thought I could handle.

Master Tech in Auburn seems good (I used them a long time ago on a major service on my '93), but that is pretty far away and inconvenient. I can't believe there isn't someone closer who has their act together.

So, interested in other folks' experiences and recommendations for a worthy Toyota mechanic in the greater Sacramento area.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Tuesday BUMP...
Old 09-01-2010, 06:39 AM   #4
maddog61 is on a distinguished road
maddog61's Tacoma Gallery
Up here in Canada same problem,all the good trusted mechanics are retiring. The new Mechanics are assholes and don' t know shit? My truck comes out with new problems after some of the major services? If I would have know about the frame problems, my 1997 truck would have been my last... the 2005 and newer truckes are having frame issues to and to big.....I know stop your whining
Old 09-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
whitetoy48 is on a distinguished road
Name: Rick
whitetoy48's Tacoma Gallery
I have had good experiences with Japanese Imports at 17th and J,
across from 'The Beat' record store. Honest and fairly priced.
They have worked on my wife's Lexus and my 4Runner, from oil changes
to head gaskets. Most of the work on the 4runner I do myself,
but if I am not comfortable with a job, I go to them.

For differential work, I always go to River City Differentials in Rancho,
he is the best in town for gear work. Even the nearby Toyota dealership
sends him work.