Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

881's and 3 leaf mini pkg lift

Old 08-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
881's and 3 leaf mini pkg lift

Bilstiens set to Zero
Old 08-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
Sport Rally'er
96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of

96er's Tacoma Gallery
Wow man that looks great. I don't know why alot of people skip the 3 leaf progressive AAL - its cheaper and preserves ride quality.

Any driveline vibrations with the lift?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:12 AM   #3
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't noticed any vibration, I still need to raise the BPV, I have some scrap in the garage to fab one just need to get a few other things around the house done.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:19 AM   #4
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
I haven't noticed any vibration, I still need to raise the BPV, I have some scrap in the garage to fab one just need to get a few other things around the house done.
They didn't give you one with the kit?
Thats pretty much the exact kit that I went with. Did you keep the stock shocks in the front and what shocks did you go with in the rear? I went with the pro comps.
Trying to figure out if I can stuff 285/75's in there.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
No bracket for the BPV in the mini leaf pkg, that kit is kinda a bitch to install at least on the driver side I had to use 2 floor jacks, one suporting the pumpkin, the other lifting the disassembled leaf spring, raiseing it up so I could get that center bolt in the leaf spring once I had all the leafs positioned. 5100's all the way around.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
Reppin' BC
kyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
kyle39's Tacoma Gallery
looks good, what size tire you currenty have? thinking bout doin that to mine
Old 08-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96er View Post
Wow man that looks great. I don't know why alot of people skip the 3 leaf progressive AAL - its cheaper and preserves ride quality.

Any driveline vibrations with the lift?
When I was looking into AAL's, the guy at Wheelers told me the 3 leaf actually cut down on load capacity since it removed the overload leaf. If you don't care about that, from what I understand the 3 leaf can give better ride quality than adding a single AAL.

Either way, your truck looks good!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:31 PM   #8
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
265/70/16