Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

3.4 ?

Old 08-30-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
HiTec is on a distinguished road
HiTec's Tacoma Gallery
Question 3.4 ?

What is everyones opinion of the 3.4 V6 that is in the 03 models? I might have my 98 bought back and I am looking for another tacoma. Unfortunately I think the buy out will leave me to short to replace my truck with a tacoma.
Thanks,
Hi-tec
Old 08-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I love my truck I have the 3.4 it has just the right amount of power and MPG for me.

So I say go for it!!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
127k and no problems as of yet (that I know of; knock on wood).
Old 08-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
Sport Rally'er
96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of

96er's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTec View Post
What is everyones opinion of the 3.4 V6 that is in the 03 models? I might have my 98 bought back and I am looking for another tacoma. Unfortunately I think the buy out will leave me to short to replace my truck with a tacoma.
Thanks,
Hi-tec
I don't get your question, you aren't replacing your truck with a tacoma but you're asking about the 3.4 in a Tacoma?
Old 08-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
I love it! I have 208k miles on it doesn't burn any oil, nothings ever been wrong with it runs like new!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-guys-v6s.html
Old 08-30-2010, 09:15 PM   #7
tacosuprem will become famous soon enough
tacosuprem's Tacoma Gallery
the 3.4 from the 98 is the same as the 03
Old 08-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #8
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
194k here.. and runs perfect, and i mean it!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:12 PM   #9
crazyasu45 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
crazyasu45's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosuprem View Post
the 3.4 from the 98 is the same as the 03
I think he has the 2.7 maybe he'll chime in and tell us which engine he has lol
Old 08-31-2010, 08:07 PM   #10
shampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud of
shampoop's Tacoma Gallery
the 3.4 is totally worth it. unless you find a 4cyl truck in amazing shape for an amazing price, get the 3.4. there is a very small difference in gas mileage relative to the additional power and drivability. both engines are awesome and last forever though.

and if you want an auto, don't even think about getting a 4 cyl. all 4x4 4cyl automatic trucks always have been and always will be gutless.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:44 AM   #11
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
the 3.4 is good but i rather stay wit the 2.7. timing belt dont need to be replace for many years to come. imo.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:54 AM   #12
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 96 2.7L that was recalled. Dealer gave me 6800 and so I bought a 2001 V6 TRD for 8000. It was well worth it.

If you can find a newer replacement V6 taco for close to the same price or even a few thousand more, jump on it.