Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front Vent Visors

Old 08-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
datacotruck is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyler
datacotruck's Tacoma Gallery
Front Vent Visors

Wonderin what front vent visors work best for my '02 ext. cab?

In-channel or ones you stick to the outside with the adhesive tape?

so far ive read that the Weathertech or EGR's are the way to go...but any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-30-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered Weathertechs because I can't stand the ones that stick to the outside, it looks really tacky to me, like it was just an afterthought.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Go with inchannel! They are great, no issues with mine. Stick on kind eventually come off.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:57 PM   #4
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Also you can find them for a steal on ebay. I bought 4 of them for my DC& paid around $ 40
Old 08-31-2010, 12:54 AM   #5
datacotruck is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyler
datacotruck's Tacoma Gallery
for sure. thats what i was leaning towards.

but it seems like majority of people with them are divided on weathertech, or EGR's.

so far im leaning towards the EGR's from a few posts ive read
Old 08-31-2010, 08:24 AM   #6
as in Gobias some coffee
gobias will become famous soon enoughgobias will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
gobias's Tacoma Gallery
I have the AVS in-channel and they work great. You can sort of see them in this.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:57 AM   #7
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by datacotruck View Post
Wonderin what front vent visors work best for my '02 ext. cab?

In-channel or ones you stick to the outside with the adhesive tape?

so far ive read that the Weathertech or EGR's are the way to go...but any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
I just got some EGR's slimline in channel

No complaints at all.

Much cleaner look than the old ones I had (adhesive)
Old 08-31-2010, 09:25 AM   #8
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Big fan of the in channel. I have the Weathertechs. Some people don't like them at least on the 2nd Gen cause the come down in the front and rub on the rubber. I like that they come down all the way in the front. No matter what brand, get in channel.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Pic of said EGR slimline in channel

Old 08-31-2010, 05:18 PM   #10
HomeRunner is on a distinguished road

HomeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobias View Post
I have the AVS in-channel and they work great. You can sort of see them in this.

I believe WeatherTech uses AVS in channel visors..
Old 09-01-2010, 08:20 AM   #11
as in Gobias some coffee
gobias will become famous soon enoughgobias will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
gobias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeRunner View Post
I believe WeatherTech uses AVS in channel visors..
Que?

AVS and Weathertech are different companies and produce different products.

http://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/20A10039A1.aspx
Old 09-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #12
PreRonner
SixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
SixtyDashOne's Tacoma Gallery
I have the adhesive-held AVS'.. I didnt care for the in-channel ones... These fit great, i love em (im a smoker)