Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st Gen Crew Cab with Manual?

Old 08-30-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
drewdat is on a distinguished road
drewdat's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen Crew Cab with Manual?

Quick question... was it possible to get a Crew Cab with a Manual Transmission?

I haven't been able to find any on Ebay, C/L or Autotrader. I'm starting to wonder if I can find a 1st Gen Double Cab TRD 4X4 V6 Manual Tanny...

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
A friend of mine claims to have seen one. Supposedly the owner special ordered it that way and had to be very persistent to get Toyota to build it.

So realisticly, you're not gonna find one.

Too bad really, that would be an awesome configuration.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
A friend of mine claims to have seen one. Supposedly the owner special ordered it that way and had to be very persistent to get Toyota to build it.

So realisticly, you're not gonna find one.

Too bad really, that would be an awesome configuration.
There are some out there. People mod them. Pull the auto out and drop a 5 or 6 speed in it.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
smbundy13 is just really nicesmbundy13 is just really nicesmbundy13 is just really nicesmbundy13 is just really nicesmbundy13 is just really nice

Name: Scott
smbundy13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
There are some out there. People mod them. Pull the auto out and drop a 5 or 6 speed in it.
just curious how difficult of a swap that would be? the only complaint after about a month with the truck is the auto tranny seems to sap a lot of power from the motor.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbundy13 View Post
just curious how difficult of a swap that would be? ...
The classic writeup on this swap was hosted for years on Junglecode. That was the single best overview for what's involved. Unfortunately, the documentation went MIA. It was salvaged last year and is now archived over at CustomTacos:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=137151
Old 09-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #9
Sport Rally'er
96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of

96er's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomadude89 View Post
I always though that was a downfall that they didn't build the first gen dbl cabs in a manual. I would have considered them had they been offered in a manual.
Agree - really turned me off to them though I'd love to have one. You can get 2nd gen short bed DC's in 6 spd manual by special order, they must have listened to their customers.