1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

trading in my new taco for an older one??

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 04prerunner, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Aug 31, 2010 at 6:33 PM
    04prerunner

04prerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kyle
    tampa, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2004 prerunner
    stock
    I have a 2004 dcab prerunner 4cyl

i am leaving for the army in a month and I just purchased this truck back in january with 65k miles on it. I still owe around 13k on it

my question is If i find an older tacoma, lets say a 2000, or 2001 with more miles, is this even possible to do a trade??

I need help from your experinced truck buyers out there. I did get a loan through my bank.

but how does this work without having to put any money down? I dont think ive ever heard of someone trading in a newer car/truck for an older one. I love this truck but the only reason for me doing this is to have less money to pay off while im gone. If i keep this truck i will be paying 235 a month for 3 years and barely get to use the truck :(

but thanks for the help guys

2. Aug 31, 2010 at 6:38 PM
    JAG

JAG Well-Known Member

Member:
    I would sell the truck privately for more money... and buy what you want.

You will get trashed by the dealer on trade in. If you can even find the older truck you want by a private party I would go that route.

I stay clear from dealers when it comes to purchasing a vehicle (prob cuz I am more broke then anything and like to get the most bang for my buck) . Imo private party is the way to go.

3. Aug 31, 2010 at 7:00 PM
    RattleTractor

RattleTractor Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    '04 Unicorn Tacoma
    1KZ-TE Diesel, GFC, Pizza cutters, Dorkel
    Exactly. Private sale then start trawling CL, autotrader, cars.com, etc!

4. Aug 31, 2010 at 7:02 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    there are lots of good trucks for sale out there, get yourself a 4x4 v6. you cant go wrong with a 1st gen, they are pretty much bulletproof.

Products Discussed in

To Top