Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

trading in my new taco for an older one??

Old 08-31-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: kyle
04prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
trading in my new taco for an older one??

I have a 2004 dcab prerunner 4cyl

i am leaving for the army in a month and I just purchased this truck back in january with 65k miles on it. I still owe around 13k on it

my question is If i find an older tacoma, lets say a 2000, or 2001 with more miles, is this even possible to do a trade??

I need help from your experinced truck buyers out there. I did get a loan through my bank.

but how does this work without having to put any money down? I dont think ive ever heard of someone trading in a newer car/truck for an older one. I love this truck but the only reason for me doing this is to have less money to pay off while im gone. If i keep this truck i will be paying 235 a month for 3 years and barely get to use the truck

but thanks for the help guys
Old 08-31-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
I would sell the truck privately for more money... and buy what you want.

You will get trashed by the dealer on trade in. If you can even find the older truck you want by a private party I would go that route.

I stay clear from dealers when it comes to purchasing a vehicle (prob cuz I am more broke then anything and like to get the most bang for my buck) . Imo private party is the way to go.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I would sell the truck privately for more money... and buy what you want.

You will get trashed by the dealer on trade in. If you can even find the older truck you want by a private party I would go that route.

I stay clear from dealers when it comes to purchasing a vehicle (prob cuz I am more broke then anything and like to get the most bang for my buck) . Imo private party is the way to go.
Exactly. Private sale then start trawling CL, autotrader, cars.com, etc!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
there are lots of good trucks for sale out there, get yourself a 4x4 v6. you cant go wrong with a 1st gen, they are pretty much bulletproof.