Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Well i have diagnosed my trucks oil leakin/crankshaft pully problem.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Well i have diagnosed my trucks oil leakin/crankshaft pully problem.

ok so we got everything apart and discover that the harmonic balancer is shattered,and somehow it got the keyway and got the timing gear. AND the crankshaft is gone. im not going to rebuild that motor, it has 190,000 miles almost. (new motor time) .so now it looks like im without my truck for a while. i had class today and had to find a ride everywhere and it really bothered me. i hate having to ask someone for something. but the point is i can get a low mileage motor with 56K miles shipped for $1200. bad price/good price? but idk what im going to do with my self. i am lost without my truck
Old 08-31-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-01-2010, 01:42 AM   #3
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
go for the new motor. no need to rebuilt the old motor when all that will add up to almost the same price and many mileages on that old motor.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:31 AM   #4
Member Extraordinaire
cinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al
cinch's Tacoma Gallery
I hear that you can buy a motor with very low miles from Japan for very cheap. Apparently they are required to replace motors over there when they have little wear on them. I don't know if it is determined by mileage or time. There are shops here that know how to obtain these motors.

Of course this could just be a rumor!