Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

14 inch Magnaflow or Flowmaster Super 44 Dual Out

View Poll Results: 14" Magnaflow Or Super 44?
14" Magnaflow 9 47.37%
Flowmaster Super 44 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
14 inch Magnaflow or Flowmaster Super 44 Dual Out

I've narrowed it down to either a 14" Magnaflow dual out or Super 44 dual out muffler for my first gen 2.7l. Just wondering what u other first gen guys experience with them are?
Old 09-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #3
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

no one else can give me input on this/pictures/videos?

and yes i have searched but after watching the videos of both of these mufflers on similar trucks i am still undecided
Old 09-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
SI/SO on a 2.7 would sound better IMO, regardless of which muffler brand you decide.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco76087 View Post
SI/SO on a 2.7 would sound better IMO, regardless of which muffler brand you decide.
how so? From what i have heard a dual out will give better performance gains
Old 09-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have a SI/SO 5x8x14 Magnaflow on my V6 and I lOVE the way it sounds. So I say Magnaflow!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHighTacoma View Post
I have a SI/SO 5x8x14 Magnaflow on my V6 and I lOVE the way it sounds. So I say Magnaflow!
how does it compare to flowmasters?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:14 AM   #9
tacosuprem will become famous soon enough
tacosuprem's Tacoma Gallery
mahnaflow is a better product. flowmasters suck. single out or dual out doesnt matter. with dual out it may sound ricey on a 2.7
Old 09-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #10
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Go magnaflow. Magnaflow sounds better on the 4 bangers. I have a V6 with a magnaflow, it's pretty good. No back pressure when you hit the gas, but it does't sound as good
Old 09-03-2010, 08:20 AM   #11
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I say go SI/SO Magnaflow or Flowmaster the choice it yours there both great mufflers i have ran them both and the sound is awesome on a v6 I have never ran them on a 4 banger but I have seen some with Flows and it sounded pretty good not to ricey.

I would also go with a little larger out pipe maybe a 1/4" larger then stock it should make it sound a little deeper and you wont loose the back pressure that you would running SI/DO.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #13
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure about the Magnaflow but I can tell you that Flowmaster Super 44 will be loud. I have a FM Deltaflow 50 series and if it were any louder I'd probably remove it. You have a 4 cyl, not a V8 and it may sounds to ricey, IMO.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #14
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
how does it compare to flowmasters?
I would say it sounds better then a flowmaster IMO. My dad use to have a 98 Taco V6 with a flow and it sounded good, but the magnaflow sounds way better IMO. Alot deeper and less raspy.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #15
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Super 44 FTMFW...I love mine! Flowmaster 44s sound the best for our trucks IMO
Old 09-05-2010, 05:22 AM   #16
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
I have flowmaster 40 series on my truck and it sounds pretty decent.. also have pacesetter header and a "freeflow" cat