Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

01 Tacoma factory hitch

Old 09-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
Noob
subtleshift will become famous soon enoughsubtleshift will become famous soon enough

Name: Dallas
subtleshift's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to subtleshift
01 Tacoma factory hitch

Can anyone confirm the part numbers I need for a "Factory Tow package" on a 01 Tacoma?

Ive been looking and it appears like their are 2 different part numbers for the wiring harness, I dont know the difference is between them and I have also heard about the different fan clutch that was equipped

I know its cheaper to go aftermarket, but I want to keep it factory just to clear that up!

I posted this in towing with no response so I'm testing myluck here!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
If you are talking about the wiring harness on the factory installed hitch than this is it.

PT# 08921-04960 MSRP $150.00

Old 09-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
Noob
subtleshift will become famous soon enoughsubtleshift will become famous soon enough

Name: Dallas
subtleshift's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to subtleshift
I'm kinda looking for pn# for the whole kit, hitch, harness, fan clutch etc.

also a really big piece of info I need, more so than the part numbers is whether or not the factory wiring harness mounts to the bumper or if you are suppose to just leave it dangling behind the bumper...

this info would make or break my decision to get the hitch or not.

thanks guys I know this is a harder topic to research
Old 09-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
^ It mounts to the underside of the body using plastic clips underneath. I had to replace mine that's why I know.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
RedlegETT is on a distinguished road
Army: Fire Support Operations Sergeant, 111th MEB
RedlegETT's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a towing fan clutch from toyotapartsgroup.com great service fan was $133 also got the wiring adapter from etrailer.com