Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what would you do??

Old 09-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: kyle
04prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
what would you do??

if you were me..

sell my tacoma before i leave for the army, and buy 1st gen 4x4 if i can find one,or even possibly an f150??

or keep my taco and do a small lift, with some 32in tires??

I do love this truck but I wont be able to use it that much while in the army because of possible deployment, but I do need transportation, especially when i get out of basic training.

but i also want to get rid of it because i want a 4x4 taco, right now i have the dcab 4 banger, no locker.... cant really do any offroading like i want too. but only thing is 4x4's are so expensive and also because of having a payment every month when i cant use it that often

anyways, i appreciate any thoughts, ideas, or opinions
Old 09-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
i'd save up my money while i was in the army...then after a while decide what to do/buy. when you rush into something like that, a lot of times you will make the wrong decision. just be happy with what you have now and think on it until you make a decision for yourself.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
i'd save up my money while i was in the army...then after a while decide what to do/buy. when you rush into something like that, a lot of times you will make the wrong decision. just be happy with what you have now and think on it until you make a decision for yourself.
damn, well said. sometimes you gotta hear things from others. especially fellow TW brothers. thanks bud
Old 09-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
Drewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
Drewboto's Tacoma Gallery
If you get deployed, won't the Army give you a fat check on top of what they already pay you? If so, wait until your deployment is done and then upgrade if you still want to.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #5

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewboto View Post
If you get deployed, won't the Army give you a fat check on top of what they already pay you? If so, wait until your deployment is done and then upgrade if you still want to.
I will get some type of bonus for deplyoyment. not sure how much but i guess its better to hold on the taco and enjoy it for now. then like you said, upgrade later down the road. hopefully ill be able to afford a dcab 4x4 2nd gen
Old 09-02-2010, 06:28 AM   #6
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your service!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
Thanks for your service!
x2, Thanks for your service! The other side of this is financial, are you upside down on your current vehicle? I know it's got to suck making payments on something you can't drive but maybe sell it before you deploy to get rid of the payment, save up while you're away and get what you want when you come home. Definitely don't rush into buying anything you might regret.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:17 AM   #8
Killer is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate your service!

I would sell your truck and save your money while overseas. When you get back pay cash for a new (to you) used truck. I would not buy one brand new because it is a big waste of money.

On another note, I was talking with my son about his Tacoma the other day. I was talking about him keeping it for a long time. He informed me that he was not going to keep forever because after he graduated school he wanted a full size truck. So when you get back, I might have a 1st generation Tacoma for sale.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:22 AM   #9

Army:
thanks to all you guys, I dont know if im upside down. I owe 13,100 on the truck so im assuming thats not bad. I think i could easily sell it for around 12-13k. but then again it might be best to hang on to it until i know if i will be deployed or not. I know i will need transportation until then
Old 09-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #10
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
just keep the truck for now... you've got basic and MOS training ahead of you

focus on getting those done and then worry about selling or keeping the truck

it's not like your gonna be driving alot in the next few months anyways...
Old 09-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #11

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
just keep the truck for now... you've got basic and MOS training ahead of you

focus on getting those done and then worry about selling or keeping the truck

it's not like your gonna be driving alot in the next few months anyways...
very true, i think all im gonna do for now is keep it and put some all terrain tires on it for when i have to drive around in kentucky for AIT. possibly some bfg's. but cool thing is my family has a farm 20 minutes away from fort knox that i can visit when i have weekends off during AIT. I dont have 4x4 but atleast i will have some decent tires for the snow

what would you guys recommend for snow tires?? bfg's a/t'?? im from florida, never driven in snow but im sure regular street tires are not a good idea like what i have now