LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Installing a Truck Box (Info and Pics needed)

Old 09-02-2010, 06:48 AM   #1
vapovick is on a distinguished road
vapovick's Tacoma Gallery
Installing a Truck Box (Info and Pics needed)

So I finally scored a great deal on a truck box. Box fits with about 10" clearance on each side. Should I just drill thru and bolt? Any recommendations would be great, pics even better.

Thanks,
Old 09-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
bump...
Old 09-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
yep just drill through and slap a bolt through there
Old 09-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
just thru the bed right, not the frame? The box didnt come with hardware, so i will have to gather that. I was thinking hex thru the bottom and a couple of nuts in the box, plus washers... I have a bed liner as well, so I guess I will just seal it with a little silicon.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ya ill take pics of what i used to have in my old f150 when i get the chance but if you open the tool box and drill through the box into the upper rim of your bed you will be able to slide a bolt in there(dont forget the washers!) and but a bolt on the end of it between your cab and your bed. i hope i could help explaning that haha
Old 09-04-2010, 02:23 AM   #6
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
I know this should go with out saying, but please be careful where you drill. There are brake and fuel lines directly under the bed, as well as the fuel tank. Also, you may not be able to access where you drill if you dont look first.

Also, I dont know what type of truck box you have (chest vs side open), but also, please make sure the top will open before mounting it. That would really suck to have to drill more holes than needed.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlaan View Post
I know this should go with out saying, but please be careful where you drill. There are brake and fuel lines directly under the bed, as well as the fuel tank. Also, you may not be able to access where you drill if you dont look first.

Also, I dont know what type of truck box you have (chest vs side open), but also, please make sure the top will open before mounting it. That would really suck to have to drill more holes than needed.
x2....i wouldnt even drill into the bottom of the bed for safty reasons....
Old 09-04-2010, 08:02 AM   #8
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davestaco View Post
x2....i wouldnt even drill into the bottom of the bed for safty reasons....
x3 I'd drill in the rails but not the bed.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:19 AM   #9
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
DO NOT go cheap on your hardware......and as stated be VERY CAREFUL drilling....

If you have 10" clearance on each side ,your box must be around 3' wide correct...be VERY anal about where it centers ,if any of the FACTORY bed fasteners are nearby you will have to adjust your hole patterns....

More work but would you be up to putting 2 pieces of angle down to build a mount.....this way you can pick and choose where the holes could be and actually take it a step further and weld tabs in to secure the box at 4 angles...side to side and back & forth...

Whatever you decide PLEASE take your time and try MANY different ideas before drilling....proper set up will save you HOURS of frustration...

Good luck.. and pix when complete..
Old 09-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #10
Thanks all! I plan on tackling this on Monday, so I will take some pics and reply.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #11

cool have a safe and exciting labor day!