Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Should I paint my tailights?

Old 09-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Should I paint my tailights?

I'm pretty sure i'm going to paint my corners fully, but not sure bout third brake light or tails yet. Comments?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Now when you say paint do you mean tint? Or are you going to just paint them?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
i did and i like them

Old 09-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I just tinted mine completely black and love it. I would defiently do a light coat and see how you like it. If you want darker do another light coat. It takes like ten minutes for it to fully darken so wait a while before you spray more on or you will get them too dark.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trd7's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to paint them with VHT nightshade. Yours look good higherlux.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
4wd tacoma

trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
I just tinted mine completely black and love it. I would defiently do a light coat and see how you like it. If you want darker do another light coat. It takes like ten minutes for it to fully darken so wait a while before you spray more on or you will get them too dark.
Good advice^ Thanks
Old 09-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
dont paint use VHT niteshades
Old 09-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
4wd tacoma

trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
dont paint use VHT niteshades
Yeah thats what I was going to use
Old 09-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #9
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ok when i heard paint i was like hope he does not use regular spray paint lol
Old 09-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #10
4wd tacoma

trd7's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha no I ain't that stupid :P
Old 09-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #11
Almost there

Well you are 18 haha
Old 09-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #12
4wd tacoma

trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Well you are 18 haha
So you are 21, 3 years
Old 09-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #13
Drew23 is on a distinguished road
Drew23's Tacoma Gallery
i just did mine
Old 09-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #14
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
i night shaded mine pics in my build
Old 09-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #15
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
i used regular spraypaint

whats wrong with that?
Old 09-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #16
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just did mine and like it

I say go for it.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #17
4wd tacoma

trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone I will probably do it tonight with my bud and post pics later on.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #18
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot to add, I taped off my reverse lights. I wanted them to stay as bright as possible, plus I like the contrast. I tried doing clear over mine and it ended up messing them up bad. I was wet sanding for quite awhile. Don't over complicate it, just paint em as dark as you want and go. I cleaned mine with alcohol first to remove anything that might've been on them.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #19
4wd tacoma

trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
Forgot to add, I taped off my reverse lights. I wanted them to stay as bright as possible, plus I like the contrast. I tried doing clear over mine and it ended up messing them up bad. I was wet sanding for quite awhile. Don't over complicate it, just paint em as dark as you want and go. I cleaned mine with alcohol first to remove anything that might've been on them.
I got you, is wet sanding really necessary?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #20
4wd tacoma

trd7's Tacoma Gallery
okay so I went at it

after three or four coats..hopefully they turn out alright