Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which grill looks best?

View Poll Results: Which grill looks best?
Sotoshi 92 54.12%
Billet 27 15.88%
OEM 51 30.00%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
Which grill looks best?

I'm kinda torn beween a few different options. I bought my black grille on ebay and it's a POS. The sombrero doesn't fit right, it doesn't line up right with the headlights or anything. So I don't know if I should get a chrome OEM one and have it painted black or if I should get a satoshi done, or get a black billet insert. No matter what I do, it's going to be black. What do you guys think?

Satoshi

Billet (keep in mind that mine will be black)

Or the OEM style
Old 09-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
1st
Old 09-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
1st or 3rd.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
I'm kinda torn beween a few different options. I bought my black grille on ebay and it's a POS. The sombrero doesn't fit right, it doesn't line up right with the headlights or anything. So I don't know if I should get a chrome OEM one and have it painted black or if I should get a satoshi done, or get a black billet insert. No matter what I do, it's going to be black. What do you guys think?

Satoshi

Billet (keep in mind that mine will be black)

Or the OEM style

i voted Billet i just think the billet looks best on 1st gens that's why I did mine. And I did it recessed not flush to add contrast.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
iDigTulsa is a jewel in the roughiDigTulsa is a jewel in the roughiDigTulsa is a jewel in the rough

Name: Luke
iDigTulsa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Third
x2 The blacked out OEM would look best on your truck in my opinion.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #9
"thats what she said"
01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future

Name: joe
01taquito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
1st or 3rd.
1st or 3rd for sure
Old 09-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDigTulsa View Post
x2 The blacked out OEM would look best on your truck in my opinion.
x3
Old 09-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Of those three in the OP, I like the Sotoshi.

However if the billet was black I think I'd like that best.

But... I like the grill craft bestest of 'em all
Old 09-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #13
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Yeah if it was top two i would pick first or third too. The second one has too much chrome
Keep in mind that eventhough the pictures have chrome, mine would be all black.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #14
swsteven will become famous soon enough
swsteven's Tacoma Gallery
numero uno
Old 09-03-2010, 03:19 PM   #16
calaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant future

Name: Carlos
calaniz0312's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the satoshi.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #17
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
cant wait till i finish my satoshi style one defiantly #1
Old 09-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattleegee View Post
cant wait till i finish my satoshi style one defiantly #1
Hahahahaha. That's awesome!!! You have a Tacoma in Tacoma.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #19
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I actually really like what he did with the OEM. That gets my vote.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #20
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
1st and 3rd get my votes. grillcraft should be in the pole, they look sweet to.