Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How did this guy get in here?

Old 09-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
spitviper will become famous soon enough

Name: Luke
spitviper's Tacoma Gallery
How did this guy get in here?

Some how a wasp got behind my instrument cluster, How did he get in there? and how do i get him out

Old 09-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Uhh is there screws on the top of your cluster?
Old 09-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #4

Yeah there are screws at the top, didnt see them there, Those are the only ones holding it in right?
Old 09-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #6

Ok, I hope i can just shake it around till he falls out somewhere. lol
Old 09-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #7
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a little misquito bug in the exact same spot. Been there for over a year. Too lazy to try and get it out. Maybe I will now...
Old 09-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitviper View Post
Some how a wasp got behind my instrument cluster, How did he get in there? and how do i get him out

I had a large mosquito show up behind my cluster panel within a month of owning the truck.

11 years later he hasn't moved an iota. Even wheeling won't make him budge
Old 09-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #9
Admiral of the JOLLY ROGER navy
micropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to behold

Name: damion
micropiper's Tacoma Gallery
There are two flies in mine !!!! Thats how i know how far im tipped over. If they start rolling across im just about to also!!!!! Thought I was the only one... thanks TW I dont feel so alone.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:44 PM   #10
Yo Taco!
willtotheumm is just really nicewilltotheumm is just really nicewilltotheumm is just really nicewilltotheumm is just really nice

Name: Will
willtotheumm's Tacoma Gallery
lol my work truck has a bug in the cluster too.

You should be able to remove the cluster and remove the plastic cover. It's only screwed on.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #12
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think its 130k...the blur makes it hard to read but the shape looks like the other 1's.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #14
powerade is on a distinguished road
powerade's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I had a large mosquito show up behind my cluster panel within a month of owning the truck.

11 years later he hasn't moved an iota. Even wheeling won't make him budge
I had a mosquito get in my too.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:30 AM   #15
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
There are a few more steps than just those top screws to remove the cluster, but it really isn't hard.

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=77

Before step 11, you really want to remove the molding above and below the steering wheel though. There is a screw underneith, then you have to turn your wheel 90 degrees to remove the hidden screw, then turn the other direction for the other side. It makes it so much easier and you wont feel like you're going to break things.

As far as the cluster itself, the back is just held on with clips. Takes like 4 hands to do it (or a few extra items so the clips dont snap closed when working on the other side), but it really isn't hard. (I had to clean mine out due to the previous owner leaving a drip mark inside at the gauge reset. It was driving me crazy.)
Old 09-04-2010, 02:37 AM   #16
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Awwww they're pets! Like a permanent puppy behind plexiglass.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #17
99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kyle
99tacosupreme's Tacoma Gallery
ahaha I thought i was the only one. I have a fly thats just keeled over on it back right below my tach. Im gunna try and get it out this weekend
Old 09-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #18

I wish I had only 30k miles, its 130k... Thanks for the link manlaan. Looks like its gonna take more time then I thought, he might have to hang out in there for awhile.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:22 AM   #20
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Ask the little bugger to role back you OD whiles he's in there...