Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I NEED HELP FAST!

Old 09-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
I NEED HELP FAST!

I am installing my jba cat back and the bolts to the cat are rusted and arent coming off i am going to take my angle grinder to it but what size bolts fit back in? also what size bolts fit into the o2 sensor? and will rtv silicone work as a gasket? i have an hour before i gotta go to practice i didnt think this one through but i could really use some help! thanks
Old 09-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump now i cant get the o2 sensor bolts off theyre rusted in and i dont know what i could do to get them out any help is appreciated
Old 09-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Did you use penetrating oil on anything? Really you should have sprayed everything the night before then sprayed it again in the morning before you got to work.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
Use pb blaster on the rusted bolts and nuts leave it soak overnight and easy unbolted
Old 09-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #5

ill run out and get some tomorrow thanks for the help guys i guess i overlooked that one hopefully itll work...until then STRAIGHT PIPE it sounds pretty sick but my 02 is still in my stock pipe lol
Old 09-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #6

will an air hammer do the job if they are stripped? they look like a good option and i may get a cheap one tomorrow
Old 09-03-2010, 09:44 PM   #7
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Was your O2 sensor after your cat? If your doing cat-back you shouldn't have to remove your O2 sensor. Spray some PB Blaster on the cat bolts to loosen the rust and NO, RTV is NOT a good gasket! Get some real exhaust gaskets dude.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:57 AM   #8

it is after the cat but the install directions say to take it out so you can replace it into the new intermediate pipe i dont think theres a way around that. i used some wd40 last night and will go out and get some stuff to finish the job today. any suggestions on gaskets that i can get locally?
Old 09-04-2010, 04:02 AM   #9
bighungitacoma is on a distinguished road
bighungitacoma's Tacoma Gallery
pb blaster is the shit bro
Old 09-04-2010, 06:15 AM   #10
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighungitacoma View Post
pb blaster is the shit bro
x100

soaked all bolts on my leafs springs a couple of times when I was getting ready to swap them out - everything came apart really easily. pb blaster is great stuff!
Old 09-04-2010, 06:38 AM   #11
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
x100

soaked all bolts on my leafs springs a couple of times when I was getting ready to swap them out - everything came apart really easily. pb blaster is great stuff!
LOL. Your sig is epic! But we've caught on since the 50's.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #12
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Op,

soak, soak, soak and having a "Heat wrench" would help too..
Any good parts store will have exhaust gasket material,if not the exact gasket...a few extra $$ right now will save headaches later...

Matic, PLEASE don't encourage her , if SHE believes ,then the rest of us survive another day plus she looks good in an apron ( so i've been told ).....
Old 09-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #13

alright yall thanks for all the advice hopefully i can bag this project today
Old 09-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #14
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
The bolts on mine were rusted on too, I used an Impact Wrench and it broke it all free.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:19 PM   #15

i wish i could do that i just dont have an air compressor or an impact wrench. i got everything but the sensor on right now, the jba system is nice but it doesnt fit amazing and i still have some issues to figure out
Old 09-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #16
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Try a Breaker Bar?
Old 09-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #17

im a noob whats that?
Old 09-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #18

i think its in for good with no air tools im pretty limited i guess the exhaust was cheap so i may just get a new o2 sensor do you just splice the old wire and hook it up?
Old 09-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #19
Greg Graffin 2016

Its practically a Long Ratchet. Its used to gain a leverage over things.

http://www.google.com/images?q=break...w=1267&bih=577
Old 09-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #20
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove_taco_ma View Post
Use pb blaster on the rusted bolts and nuts leave it soak overnight and easy unbolted
X2 breath buddy it will all be ok!