Notices

Cat heat shield not cutting it?

Old 09-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
ScootsOFP is on a distinguished road

Marines: E4/0311/usmcr/OIF 8-1
Name: Scoot
ScootsOFP's Tacoma Gallery
Cat heat shield not cutting it?

I recently noticed that under my passenger side floormats (front and rear seats) had a good deal of condensation forming under while I drove. To the point where it was starting to smell musty in the cab.

Looking under the truck it seems like the 2 cats are perfectly positioned to radiate tons of heat right where I have been getting condensation. The heat shields aren't rusted, so I'm confused about what might be causing the problem and how I can fix it.

Ideas?
Old 09-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Odds are, Its AC condensation comming from the AC system. You should see a drain tube comming out of the fire wall (open the hood, or look under the vehicle). This tube may be plugged. You can run a peice of wire into it, to unblock whatever may be in it. OR, Use compressed air ( though you will want to do this from the cab). OR, It may have become disconnected. If the latter is the case, re connect.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
I used a plastic zip 6 inch tie and inserted it into the drain to see if it were pluged.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
ScootsOFP is on a distinguished road

Marines: E4/0311/usmcr/OIF 8-1
Name: Scoot
ScootsOFP's Tacoma Gallery
I pulled the drain tube out from the firewall and it was clear, should I just use a wire or zip tie and try to clean further up in the drain pan, or what should my next move be?
Old 09-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Use a peice of good size wire. Fashion a hook on the end, and see if you can pul the juk out.