Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

help! vibration when i accelerate

Old 09-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
.Trdtaco315. is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
.Trdtaco315.'s Tacoma Gallery
help! vibration when i accelerate

when i accelerate from omph to around 25 it i feel like something is vibrating real hard. any help?
Old 09-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
Black Hole Sun
tacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant future

Name: Forrest
tacoma92's Tacoma Gallery
have u had your tires rotated and balanced recently?
Old 09-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
do the vibs go away at higher speeds? could just need balancing....
Old 09-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Get your U-Joints and Carrier Bearing checked out...my truck was doing the same thing and thats what my problems were
Old 09-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
do the vibs go away at higher speeds? could just need balancing....
yeah it goes away after about 25mph, my shocks are shot so that could be a big part.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
it can be the shocks but mostly its the u joints, carrier or tires balancing. i had my shocks replaced to 5100s and theres still the vibrating under my driver seats and from the rear. i had my u joints replaced 2 months ago and re balanced my tires twice. there's still the vibes but not as much vibes from before.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove_taco_ma View Post
it can be the shocks but mostly its the u joints, carrier or tires balancing. i had my shocks replaced to 5100s and theres still the vibrating under my driver seats and from the rear. i had my u joints replaced 2 months ago and re balanced my tires twice. there's still the vibes but not as much vibes from before.
ill have to save some dough for the re balance, i think thats whats wrong or its the u joint, i had a really dry one awhile back but i got it to go away.