Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Truck won't start. Rapid clicking noise.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #41
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
That Super Bee is georgous !!!!

....and you did HIJACK the thread but I forgive you....
Old 09-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #42
tacoman78 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman78 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman78 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman78 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman78 is a glorious beacon of light

tacoman78's Tacoma Gallery
my apologies...just had to give a little visual aid so everyone could understand why I was embarrassed.

I stand by my previous assessment of the "clicking" situation, if the battery is fully charged and your getting ticks, it's the starter, if the batter is near the end of it's life, you'll get some ticks but they'll get slower the longer you crank on it till eventually nothing, if you crank on it and it continues to tick, it's your starter. They aren't that expensive and they aren't hard to change out. While you at it have your alternator checked, it doesn't deal with your starting sequence but it could be a reason your battery is dying.

Anyways, back to work.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #43
kills4kiks will become famous soon enoughkills4kiks will become famous soon enough

Name: Adam
kills4kiks's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same thing happen to me.I tested the battery, smacked the starter, anyways it turned out to be the alarm system.