Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Carbon Fiber 2nd gen badges on 1st gen

Old 09-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Admiral of the JOLLY ROGER navy
micropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to behold

Name: damion
micropiper's Tacoma Gallery
Carbon Fiber 2nd gen badges on 1st gen

Just got these pretty babies on the truck today!!!!!!

Old 09-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Those are slick!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
tacotopher is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
tacotopher's Tacoma Gallery
Nice find!!! dang you got some serious racing stripes goin on. lots of fun had to have been had gettin those!
Old 09-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
me likey
Old 09-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
nice!! i would like to know where you got them as well
Old 09-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #7
micropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to behold

These were stock 2nd gen badges. I sold my mudflaps to a fellow tw member and purchased them from craigslist. Right now they are one of a kind! Depending on the interest they can be re-created. The process is kind of complicated. Some of the az guys have seen my interior its pretty diffrent. I have more woodgrain in my base model then comes in a luxus!!! Plus theres the carbon fiber accents that match the badges in my op.

Im debating on taking this the next step and doing work for others. At this time I dont have facilitys to make it happen. Please TW tell me what you think so far!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
not a fan of woodgrain, definitely not w/ carbon fiber-- just doesnt look right together
Old 09-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
dude i think its sick! im starting working with CF but not on my taco its all bike parts. theres some money in it if you do it. but im sayin taco's not where the money is..... its in 2.0 turbos and in c300's. people bang out the money.
join up on the fiberglassforum.com and you'll see some sweet stuff. tons of ideas and techniques.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #10

I dont want people to be confused. This is NOT actual carbon fiber or woodgrain. All the parts are stock pieces. They have been hydroprinted to look like carbon and wood. I have other patterns and can get many many more. Everything from simulated water drops to diamond plate. carbon fiber to camo. Anything that can be safely submirsed in water can be hydroprinted.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #11
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
i wanna know how!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #12

Ah but the problem is that the "how" is where the money is made.
An image is printed on plastic based film . The film is placed in a tank of water. A chemical activator seperates the image from the film. The image floats on the surface while the plastic sinks.
After some very careful prepwork (sanding, painting, priming, things of that nature). The part is submurged in the tank thru the floating image.A quick wash to remove excess material . Then comes a dry time and quality control inspection. Once everything is perfect an automotive quality clearcoat is applied then sanded and buffed to a high shine. Many images and patterns are available, some images can be combined and there are a few other tricks that can make custom one of a kind projects possible.

Will post a few more pics later.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:27 AM   #15

No I am not assoc. with realimage. I know the guy ...not impressed with his quality. Same process tho.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:23 AM   #16
X-wing Design Engineer
crimsonred2004 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Missile Technician
Name: Bob'O'
crimsonred2004's Tacoma Gallery
Hydroprinting is done to alot of other things...Its the process used to put camo on things like shotguns and hunting bows. I must say i really like the tacoma badging being done in the CF...would be expensive to do in anything less than mass amounts though...
Old 09-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #17

At this point its just a hobby im not running a business. If there is sufficient interest I may offer my services to all of TW.

Heres a few pics of my door panels

Old 09-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #18
JetTech has a spectacular aura aboutJetTech has a spectacular aura aboutJetTech has a spectacular aura about
JetTech's Tacoma Gallery
At this point its just a hobby im not running a business. If there is sufficient interest I may offer my services to all of TW.

Let me know if you decide to
Old 09-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #19
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Hydroprinting is the coolest form of printing ever. I was thinking about getting into it but you just need so much room to house everything. Get on you tube and type in hydroprinting and there are all kinds of videos on it. I had a rzr that the entire body was dipped!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:48 PM   #20
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetTech View Post

Let me know if you decide to
so how many orders do we gotta get to make it worth while for ya.....