Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

race seats or offroad seats in 1st gen tacoma

Old 09-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
TACOMA03
socal19 is on a distinguished road
socal19's Tacoma Gallery
race seats or offroad seats in 1st gen tacoma

Does anybody here have a tacoma that has different seats in it like the harness seats not stock seats.I want to see what it looks like in a tacoma thanks
Old 09-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
RacerP will become famous soon enough
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal19 View Post
Does anybody here have a tacoma that has different seats in it like the harness seats not stock seats.I want to see what it looks like in a tacoma thanks
Did you ever have a look at these threads over on CustomTacos. Not exactly and easy project, and pretty expensive as well.

I keep going over this subject as I travel about 80 miles round trip every day in my truck and the seats are horrible!!!

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=168

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=169

Peter
Old 09-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Don't have race seats but I have subie seats (2.5rs) in my Tacoma.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Don't have race seats but I have subie seats (2.5rs) in my Tacoma.
interesting. pics?
Old 09-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll get some tomorrow in the day.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:25 AM   #6
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll get some tomorrow in the day.
what did u have to do to fit em?
Old 09-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
ok it's late in the day, you better have those pics!!!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #8
2000SIG is on a distinguished road
2000SIG's Tacoma Gallery
seat

Old 09-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #9
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
i got the same issue i just dont fit in the truck anymore
Old 09-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #10
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #11
Greg Graffin 2016

Alright you picture Nazi.

Here's the goods.

Still need to weld a Tab there.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #12
Greg Graffin 2016

Drill 2 holes and weld an extension tab.

WRX seats also works.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #13
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
I think the OP is talking about 4,5, or 6 point Harness type racing seats, like Sparco, Recaro, or Bride.

I can't think of any members on here with a first gen with racing seats...

But mjp2 has a sweet 2nd gen race build

Anyways, 4 point harnesses with racing seats are DEFINITELY helpful. My best friend would be dead right now if it wasn't for Sparco.

But to install them requires more than just retrofitting 2 seats with 8 bolts, you need to have a roll cage or at least a bar behind the seats for the harness to tie into.

It's really kind of unnecessary unless you're planning on racing; in which case I more than strongly encourage it. But if you're going to do racing seats, then you should also do a full roll cage as well.

Or you can always buy racing seat covers from autozone. They look just like the real thing and add 100 hp.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #14
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alright you picture Nazi.

Here's the goods.

Still need to weld a Tab there.
i want those! how much did it cost ya and what did you need for installation?
Old 09-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #15
Greg Graffin 2016

40 bucks.

A drill to drill those holes.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #16
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
40 bucks.

A drill to drill those holes.
Holy crap! 40 bucks for those 2 niceass seats? I thought they'd be like 100 or something. I might have to replace my torn up tan seats after a visit to the junkyard...
Old 09-29-2010, 07:03 PM   #17
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
seats are expensive, but worth it

i'm still undecided which corbeau seat i want to go with but i want one that still reclines. corbeau offers brackets for the tacoma, so you can bolt them right in

seats
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...-1-c-2236.html

brackets
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-24673.html
Old 11-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #18
Rico is on a distinguished road

Rico's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
seats are expensive, but worth it

i'm still undecided which corbeau seat i want to go with but i want one that still reclines. corbeau offers brackets for the tacoma, so you can bolt them right in

seats
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...-1-c-2236.html

brackets
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-24673.html
Nelson, did you ever end up installing the corbeau seats? Seats are my next expense for my truck and to help my aching back on those long drives. Comfort is very important to. If anyone has pics please share.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #19
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
no, havent gotten new seats yet, but they are still on my to do list
Old 11-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #20
Greg Graffin 2016

I went with a (1) Corbeau Probably going to sell and get a recliner later down the road.