Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

gauge cluster???

Old 09-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
gauge cluster???

today i went to put new l.e.d bulb's in my gauge cluster and when i put everything back together and drove the truck down the road i noticed my mph tach. wasn't moving but everything else works. Im not sure what would have caused it. If the gauge cluster is f.u.b.a.r what are my options? and it looks like the odometer can be removed from the cluster? if so can i pull it and put it in a new gauge cluster?
Old 09-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Bump because I feel bad...sorry man, i have no idea...but im sure someone in TW can help.

Are you sure you pluged everything back in correctly? Didn't burn any of the circuitry on the board? Maybe take it all back out/apart (i know that sucks) and double check everything. Sorry dude...
Old 09-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
That happened to me, i had to take the cluster out and take off the needles and just sorta reattach them and turn them around once then b4 i put everything back i plugged them in and took a quick drive to make sure they worked. I didnt even touch the needles but i guess that happens sometimes if you take the cluster out.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
fiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theresa
fiestee23's Tacoma Gallery
ask yosh2000. He just did my guages. Maybe he would know
Old 09-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #6
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well i played with it earlier an checked every thing and still nothing but i took it down the road earlier and i had to be doing like 50 or 60MPR and the tach. went up to 20MPH so it seems like the calibration is off? but the tach. is still working just way off on the speed. so my question is now how would i fix it?
But on the bright side of things the blue l.e.d.'s look sweet
Old 09-17-2010, 12:04 AM   #7
Tankoma04 will become famous soon enoughTankoma04 will become famous soon enough

Tankoma04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaforlife View Post
But on the bright side of things the blue l.e.d.'s look sweet

Any pics?

Ive been trynna do the same just not sure which ones I wud need specifically...
Old 09-17-2010, 12:10 AM   #8
taco19 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dallon
taco19's Tacoma Gallery
take the needle off and put it back on, just make sure when you put it back on the bottom of the needle is not touching the background. that is why it is not moving . When is touches the slightest bit it deactivates
Old 09-17-2010, 06:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankoma04 View Post
Any pics?

Ive been trynna do the same just not sure which ones I wud need specifically...
not yet but the ones i got have like 9 l.e.d.'s on each bulb so they are super bright and the color is even so no bright spots on the cluster face.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #11
Tankoma04 will become famous soon enoughTankoma04 will become famous soon enough

Tankoma04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaforlife View Post
not yet but the ones i got have like 9 l.e.d.'s on each bulb so they are super bright and the color is even so no bright spots on the cluster face.
Link?