Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Did my Parking light to Turn signal / Turn signal to Fog light mod today

Old 09-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
Desiel has a spectacular aura aboutDesiel has a spectacular aura about
Name: Kyle
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Did my Parking light to Turn signal / Turn signal to Fog light mod today

Did my Parking light to Turn signal / Turn signal to Fog light mod today. It was much easier than some of the forums I have read...

Here's how I did it:
1. remove parking light & take the shroud hiding the wires off all the way to the main shroud you will find 2 green wires

2. cut the two green wires

3. swap the two green wires and solder them back together

4. you are finished no clean it all up so it will look good and put your parking light back in

5. I haven't decided on just getting some clear 1156 bulbs or if I wanna try and find something else

Edit: Instead of using the stock 168 bulb in the parking/turn signal I used a orange 194NA
Old 09-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
easy peezy
Old 09-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
yeah thats how i did it but my blinkers are blinkin way too fast

and they are kinda weak up front like just not that bright
Old 09-16-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
i think there is a led resistor or something that needs to be put in to stop it from hyperblinkin
Old 09-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitroc View Post
i think there is a led resistor or something that needs to be put in to stop it from hyperblinkin
Ya mine do that too but I'm gonna check into a resistor or equalizer. I kinda like the hyper blink.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanSR5x4 View Post
yeah thats how i did it but my blinkers are blinkin way too fast

and they are kinda weak up front like just not that bright
There's a thread around here about that...I can't find it right now. All I did was change the bulbs in my corner lamps to a different size = normal blink rate and brighter (standard bulbs available at Advance, etc.; nothing fancy). I recommend a search in the 1st Gen section. Good luck!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #8
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
i've said it a million times and I'll say it again...

THIS is the way to do the turn signal mod.

http://www.lieblweb.com/blinkerconversion.html

no hyperblink bullshit and it's all sealed up!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #9
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd on phone
Old 09-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #10
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post

I kinda like the hyper blink and if you do it the way I did you don't have to cut on your light housing. I did order the lil in line resistors though
Old 09-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #11
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
you like the hyperblink? hmm haha well in that case your way is perfect
Old 09-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #12
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
or you can do it my way and put the lil resistors in-line and still not have hyper blink and always be able to switch it back.... just sayin
Old 09-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #13
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

it all depends i have l.e.d.'s in my corner lights and they are really bright and all you have to do is get the resistor kit and install it no cutting your housing or anything like that and your housing seals up like it normally would with out and moisture getting in.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #14
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaforlife View Post
it all depends i have l.e.d.'s in my corner lights and they are really bright and all you have to do is get the resistor kit and install it no cutting your housing or anything like that and your housing seals up like it normally would with out and moisture getting in.
What did you use? Do you have pics of the LEDs and resistor kit or links to where I can see them?
Old 09-17-2010, 06:03 AM   #15
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
What did you use? Do you have pics of the LEDs and resistor kit or links to where I can see them?
i just picked up some amber l.e.d.'s from advanced auto and also they have an l.e.d resistor kit that you can get there as well and it installs really quick. I Also have clear corners that may make the light more visible.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:29 AM   #16
SunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
SunDevilTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That's how I did mine. Plus you keep your corner/parking lights that way so you don't have to worry about getting ticketed for not having them - that's if they're required where you live.

Got pics?
Old 09-17-2010, 06:33 AM   #17
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
What are some bright bulbs for the fogs there's a 3057 bulb in there now. Are there any brighter bulb that will go in that socket with out over heating?
Old 09-17-2010, 07:52 PM   #18
ScootsOFP is on a distinguished road

Marines: E4/0311/usmcr/OIF 8-1
Name: Scoot
ScootsOFP's Tacoma Gallery
I just did this today using the Beau02 write up. No hyper blinking and I love it. Great mod.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #20
ScootsOFP is on a distinguished road

Marines: E4/0311/usmcr/OIF 8-1
Name: Scoot
ScootsOFP's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-how-pics.html

I used the pdf one with color pics. I read it like a hundred times before I tried it and had no problems with the mod.