Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed storage solutions...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
chadd925 is on a distinguished road
chadd925's Tacoma Gallery
Bed storage solutions...

So I have a regular cab tacoma as my daily driver. Love this truck, but I need to make more practical space of my bed for day to day needs. I put a new bed liner in the truck less than a month ago, and have messed with the idea of using a tool box as "trunk". I was wondering if anyone has done some sort of bed storage that locks, but does not stick up and over the bed like a traditional tool box... - thanks
Old 09-16-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadd925 View Post
So I have a regular cab tacoma as my daily driver. Love this truck, but I need to make more practical space of my bed for day to day needs. I put a new bed liner in the truck less than a month ago, and have messed with the idea of using a tool box as "trunk". I was wondering if anyone has done some sort of bed storage that locks, but does not stick up and over the bed like a traditional tool box... - thanks

I wanted a box that wasn't too big, yet would still work with my roll bar in my bed. I tried a few different things, including some plastic ones, but ended up with this. It fits my needs perfectly.

Had to paint it, seal up a cutout, and added some molding on the lid, but it seems water tight now. Big enough to hold all my emergency and recovery gear and extra fluids (barely). Have it bolted down.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
Old 09-17-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
There are such things as 'low profile' tool boxes that don't overlap the side rails.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:36 AM   #4
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
Ya I would look into the low profile tool boxes for your truck! Although with as small as the Tacoma beds are, you may not have very much space at all with a low profile box!

Products Discussed in this Thread