1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

center console removal

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ScootsOFP, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Sep 18, 2010 at 1:19 PM
    ScootsOFP

ScootsOFP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scoot
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5/TRD
    deckplate, white LED gauges, fog light mod (Beau02 write up), Scion t1814 head unit
    I'm looking for a guide that explains how to remove the center console trim so I can replace my radio with a new scion t1814. I've seen the guide on customtacos, but step 3 is confusing me. I'm not sure which screws its talking about in the ashtray. The vertically mounted ones, the ones way behind the ashtray through those holes, or where? Also, don't you have to disconnect the lighter to get the trim fully off?

2. Sep 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    remove the 2 "pins" on either side of the bottom piece first, then pull that off.

then..
    remove the 3 knobs for air
    remove the black cover behind them (just pull gently)
    remove the 1 screw on either side where that was mounted, just by looking you'll understand that part.

then pull the whole piece away from the dash, the big black piece will come off, you'll have a bunch of connections to remove behind there, but that can all be done after you pull the piece off of the dash. then there should be a connection for the ashtray light, i leave that connected and let the piece hang.

you will then be able to access the radio very easily!

hope this helps without pics..

Products Discussed in

To Top