Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear Bumpers

Old 09-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
xcmiler707 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
xcmiler707's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Bumpers

I'm interested in getting a new rear bumper to replace the OEM chrome bumper I've got now. I was looking at some of the rolled ones but dont know if I would like it or not. I think I want to go more offroad looking. I'm not a hardcore offroader but I do take my truck up to Lake Tahoe to the snow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
If I was going with a roll bar type bumper, I think I'd go with the 4x Innovations one with the hitch built in. http://4xinnovations.com/p-RB37H.html

It looks like one of the only ones that the hitch is mounted in properly to actually be able to serve as a hitch. Also, the hitch is built into the bumper, not underneath like most bumpers of that type like to do, allowing you to keep your bumper clearance and not get hooked up on the hitch. It also has the side protection, which is always good.

If I didn't care about the hitch, just about any other brand would be good, as they all look quite similar. There's really only so many ways you can bend some pipes and add in mounting brackets and recovery points.

Now, if you want plate style rear bumper, thats a completely different story. They'll be heavier and cost more, but can look quite a bit better and they dont all look the same. It all just depends what you're looking for.