Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ICON vehicle dynamics aal

Old 10-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
2000SIG is on a distinguished road
2000SIG's Tacoma Gallery
ICON vehicle dynamics aal

Any one got this on their truck? Pictures?On a 1995.5-2004.Any coments?

thanks

Old 10-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
Toyota4x46921 is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Toyota4x46921's Tacoma Gallery
I put them on my 04 taco about 6 weeks ago along with the icon shocks. I love the setup. Havent taken any pics yet though. Very easy to install also. I honestly do not know how much lift it gave me. I forgot to measure before putting my coilovers and this add a leaf on however it sits right at 38 inches at the middle of the fender flares all the way around. I just wanted to fit 32s and level the truck out. Front was sagging really bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000SIG View Post
Any one got this on their truck? Pictures?On a 1995.5-2004.Any coments?

thanks

Old 10-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
2000SIG's Tacoma Gallery
ICON

let me know soon has you have some pics.

thanks

Marc
Old 10-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I got a used set on my truck Gave me 1 to 1.25 inches of lift, Rides better than 1 aal.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #5
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Wheeler's Offroad 3 leaf AAL which I'm pretty sure is the same thing. Just make sure your stock leafs aren't shot. I didn't really realize it when I bought them but my rear leafs were almost flat even though my truck only had 40k miles. So as of right now my rear sits about 1" lower than the front (rear also has 1" lift shackles and front is SAW 2.0s set at 3"). In hindsight I should've bought a new leaf pack.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:07 AM   #6
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Got them on mine, the instructions say to disgard the over load not sure what you loose in carring capacity by doing this I think if I were to do it over I would leave it in, the mini pack gave me 1.5 of lift.

Here's my question to Downsouth>Quick question I installed a Icon Vehicle Dynamic's mini pack and
followed the instructions removed the overload leaf as instructed, my
question is with that leaf removed how much capacity did I loose if I
intend to haul something, I was just wondering if I would of been better
off to intall the pack with the over load so not to lessen load
capacity, what do ya think?

DownSouth response>Good morning,

I emailed your question to Icon. Below is their response:

"It does. I don't have an exact number, but it does loose a bit because there is no over load anymore.
You can still carry a load, the springs can handle it, but the bed will sit a little lower than it would if it had an overload."

So.....I don't think I've ever seen someone keep the overload on these springs. But if it becomes an issue, you can also look at helper springs. They sit on top of the leaf spring, won't affect the ride, but will keep it from sagging too much under load.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else...

Thank you,
Marco

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Old 10-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #7
2000SIG's Tacoma Gallery
Would billys set at 2.5 and this Icon mini leaf pack bring my truck up and level?
Old 10-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #8
Nick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nick
Nick_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000SIG View Post
Would billys set at 2.5 and this Icon mini leaf pack bring my truck up and level?
it will probably depend on how much your springs have sagged
Old 10-08-2010, 05:29 AM   #9
Space Wrangler is on a distinguished road

Name: JCT
Space Wrangler's Tacoma Gallery
if you don't want to run the overload leaf, you can always add-a-coil when you need to carry a good bit of weight. ...the great thing about the add-a-coil is that you can remove it easily when you're not hauling anything.

all you do is slip the coil over the rubber nub on the ubolt top plate and then slip it over your bumpstops. ...i think i'm using 125# 10" springs and i litteraly can't overload them. i've hauled palates of tile as well as a bed full of fresh cut oak. ..works like a charm.

this isn't a pic of my rig. ..but it's the same application.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:39 AM   #10
NicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud of
Name: Nic
NicP's Tacoma Gallery
what hardware did you use to mount to upper frame and is it diiferent for gen2??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Wrangler View Post
if you don't want to run the overload leaf, you can always add-a-coil when you need to carry a good bit of weight. ...the great thing about the add-a-coil is that you can remove it easily when you're not hauling anything.

all you do is slip the coil over the rubber nub on the ubolt top plate and then slip it over your bumpstops. ...i think i'm using 125# 10" springs and i litteraly can't overload them. i've hauled palates of tile as well as a bed full of fresh cut oak. ..works like a charm.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:21 AM   #11
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

got any more info on this?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:33 AM   #12
NicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud of
NicP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang123 View Post

all I could find
http://www.freds4wd.com.au/index.html

out of the country

anyone...anyone local(n.America)
Old 10-08-2010, 06:37 AM   #13
NicP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
also found these
http://www.jcwhitney.com/quick-chang...DetailTabPanel
Old 10-08-2010, 08:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicP View Post
what hardware did you use to mount to upper frame and is it diiferent for gen2??

i didn't use any hardware. ..i just slipped them over my extended bump stops. the weight of the bed keeps them in place.

now, you don't want to go offroading with this setup because during articulation, they could fall out ..but if you're using the add-a-coil only when you need to haul a heavy load, you'll never have a problem.

here's a better pic.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #15

Quote:
scroll down to post #4 ...stealth4x4 was the guy who inspired me to try it.

you may or may not need axle relocation plates. ...i could use them since my alcans shift my axle back a bit. ...but i don't absolutely need them and haven't had any issues

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115481
Old 04-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #16
datacotruck is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyler
datacotruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
scroll down to post #4 ...stealth4x4 was the guy who inspired me to try it.

you may or may not need axle relocation plates. ...i could use them since my alcans shift my axle back a bit. ...but i don't absolutely need them and haven't had any issues

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115481
might try to do this, since i removed my overload leaf as well for the icon progressive pack.. would have never thought of this.. haha

so you only put them in when hauling? also what kind of spring did you get?
Old 04-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #17
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
The spring seems to be a similar idea to the timbrens I got for my truck from wheelers. They helped a lot when I carried 850lbs in the form of 2 street bikes, plus about 200 lbs of gear and 2 ppl. http://www.timbren.com/ses-kits.htm
Old 04-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #18
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
I have the ICON AAL. It was installed with a brand new stock leaf pack. The overload was left in.