1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Frame

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by saweetlou, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Oct 4, 2010 at 6:03 AM
    saweetlou

saweetlou [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guelph Ontario
    Vehicle:
    TRD Dbl cab long bed
    3in spacer
    Just got my Taco back from Toyota with a brand new frame, It took them 4 days. All in all it was a smooth process however I am noticing that something doesnt seem right when driving, it feels like there is a drag on it, at 60kms in 4th gear I feel it, if I let off the gas and then accelerate it kinda shakes and doesnt feel as peppy as it was before. They replaced all the brake lines and the rear parking brake cables so maybe they didnt adjust the rear, I dont know, any thoughts on this.

2. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:10 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Must be all that weight you picked up in steel that had rotted away before... :)

J/K but good luck... don't leave them alone until it's right. I've heard quite a few stories of "unfinished" trucks coming back from re-frame.

3. Oct 5, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    03coma

03coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD, SR5
    TRD Pro Grille, Skid Plate, TRD Cat-Back Exhaust System, 2017 Tacoma TRD Rims, ARE Series II Lid,
    Bring it right back and get a rental

4. Oct 5, 2010 at 4:53 PM
    SPOTSONTROUT

SPOTSONTROUT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ROB
    SOUTHERN ONTARIO CANADA
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Stolen
    OME 882,DAKAR LEAF PAC WITH ADDA LEAF,285 TOYO OPEN COUNTRY MT,RACELINE RENAGADES,DECK PLATE MOD, MANUAL HUB CONVERSION
    What dealer did your truck?

5. Oct 5, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    jeeeeez, at first I was hoping my frame would fail. with all these stories, so glad is passed! have ANY of these gone smooth?

6. Oct 5, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    SlimDigg

SlimDigg We Back!!

Member:
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    Coming Soon....
    I was firm with the dealership that I wanted my spray done correctly, so i'm hoping it'll be good.

7. Oct 6, 2010 at 5:16 AM
    saweetlou

saweetlou [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guelph Ontario
    Vehicle:
    TRD Dbl cab long bed
    3in spacer
    Well heres the thing, I had a 3in suspension lift in it when it and they said as part of the recall they would have to replace the rear springs so I aid sure as long as I get my old stuff back to which they said yes I would. I figured out yesterday that because my rear shocks were 3in over stock and they had put it back to stock that my rear was bottoming out because the shock is too big, well I decided to pull the shocks out and take it for a drive, well the truck seemed to run better as far as acceleration but it was pretty scary cause the back end started hopping all over the place, so I put the shocks back in and go figure when I went to compress one of them it blew the seal and pissed oil all over the place. Today I have buy some new shocks for the rear cause my ride in to work was a little scary with only one shock working. As I said I have my old leafs and just have to find time to put them back in but I dont know if I should buy 3in over stock or just may 1.5 over stock, with the rear lift in its much stiffer so I dont think the shocks work all that much.
    Woodbridge Toyota is where I got it done.

8. Oct 7, 2010 at 8:43 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    Hey did you take yours to the dealer in kelowna ?? also i havent gotten myn checked, does it cost anything or are there any specifications or do i just bring it on in ? any info is appreciated!

Products Discussed in

To Top