Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OME + spacers?

Old 10-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
2 more " via spacers would not be good idea. You could do 1/2" with a top spacer kit. But your best bet would probably be to just get a new set of front coils.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
I will like to know too, since i want to do the spacer, but most people said not a good idea. I think worse case i may have to get a new set of RIM with the off set.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
as in Gobias some coffee
gobias will become famous soon enoughgobias will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
gobias's Tacoma Gallery
I'm one of those "do it right or not at all" types. Spacers have their place. Bro trucks that never see anything but cruising main street and the shopping mall parking lot come to mind.

Do you have 882 coils? I'm assuming so because of the bumper. If so then I dunno what coils you could upgrade to.

Granted, spacers are the cheapest option but I wouldn't consider it unless you stick to the pavement all the time.
Wheelers has a 10mm "lift enhancer kit" that would bump you up another .5" or so.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Good excuse to move up to coilovers. Jack the truck up, crank the wrench a few times and you're back where you wanna be.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you had coilovers, you could change your ride height on a whim if you wanted to.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:28 AM   #9
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeson View Post
Yeah I hate spacers, I've had them, and I realize that I would be ruining what the OME lift is supposed to give me. I just don't really know what other options I have. What do you mean by just jack the truck up, crank the wrench a few times? That sounds pretty interesting to me, haha.

Coilovers can be adjusted on the vehicle. Just get the front suspension suspended, turn the adjustment wrench appropriately to raise or lower front ride height. 10 minutes and done. Makes adding weight (bumpers, winches, etc.) a snap.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #10
Beeson is just really niceBeeson is just really niceBeeson is just really niceBeeson is just really nice

EMS:
Name: Ryan
Beeson's Tacoma Gallery
Dang, I should have done that with those bilsteins instead of the OME maybe. Well, here I am with the OME; it rides great, but it is defenatly too low in the front for my purposes. I run 33s and there is a bit of rubbing. I guess I am seeing my only option is to install the tiny shim spacers it came with and hope they are just enough. And just to throw it out there, body lifts are out of the question, haha.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeson View Post
Why would the 2" be a bad idea, because of the stiffness or would it be physically damaging? Also, this suspension is 2 months old and I obviously don't want to be getting new coils, haha.
You could blow out the bottom of the strut.

The coils seat (on the strut) that holds the coils in place can't take that much pressure and will eventually break. I knew a guy who had it happen (years & years ago).