Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Water Leak Passenger Floor

Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
Water Leak Passenger Floor

For a long while now i have been getting water leaking onto my front passenger floor from under the dashboard...after researching, i think something is clogged or blocked with mud or some debris, it should be leaking from a component of the AC system but i have yet to find where....any one out there could point me in the direction of finding where?
Old 10-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
tacosuprem will become famous soon enough
tacosuprem's Tacoma Gallery
easy fix... get a shop vac and stick it where the a/c drains outside in the engine bay. Now suck out the debris. I'll take a pic 4 u tomarrow if ya want.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah a picture would help. I need to get it fixed, it's starting to take a toll on my carpet. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you look up there (right around the firewall on the passenger side) there should be a hose dangling down. That's your culprit.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:19 AM   #5
look for the black nipple.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...acoma-leak.jpg
Old 10-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #6

Thanks. I'll try the shop vac or a coat hanger tonight or this weekend. Thanks guys
Old 10-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #7

since i dont have access to a shop vac until the weekend i stuck an entire 14" wire up through that drain nipple and nothing came out, i did this multiple times so im thinking i may have pushed whatever was in there further in or there was nothing there....??? right now the truck is running with the ac on with the carpet pulled back to see if it is still leaking...so i was thinking...my drain nipple does leak water when the ac is running so i guess it may be draining a little but still backing up??? or that this isnt the problem...
Old 10-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
tsb ?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #9

where can i get a TSB??
after poking a wire up the drain nipple and not sure if this fixed the problem i pulled back the carpet and between the dash and firewall i guess there was a layer of carpet and some sort of soft plastic it seemed and this plastic was very brittle...could this be from moisture getting back there and leaking down onto my floor? here is a picture of the plastic with the carpet pulled back...sorry but its rotated to the right...the black plastic is the underside of the dash...
Old 10-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #10
I guess look carefully behind the carpet when the a/c is running. See where the water is coming from. Maybe a little silicone may fix it up.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #11

i was going to do that tomorrow and see what i could find...
Old 11-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #12
Prerunner1999 is on a distinguished road
Prerunner1999's Tacoma Gallery
I just had windshield replaced. After overnight rain, I turn on heat at full blast and see water dropping underneather the passenger dashboard. Lot of water. I need some help, thanks...
Old 11-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #13
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner1999 View Post
I just had windshield replaced. After overnight rain, I turn on heat at full blast and see water dropping underneather the passenger dashboard. Lot of water. I need some help, thanks...
I'm sure you read the thread but it's likely one or the other

1. Leaking windshield seal. Call the people who replaced it.

2. Your evaporator box drain is clogged and the box is full of water and leaking out the seams. The evaporator box is located on the passenger side firewall underneath/behind your glove box. Follow the drain out/through the firewall, then go look for it in your engine bay (kinda down low on the firewall). Take a wire hanger or something like that and stick it in the drain. If it's clogged with leaves/debris water should come gushing out and emptying your evaporator box for the most part.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #14
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
The rubber ac drain tube in the engine compartment is what you want to find, get a blow gun, deliver a quick burst of air and your water will come pouring out. Thats what the dealerships do, happens to all models, not a tsb kinda thing