1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

how she sits today. Pics inside. what do ya think?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Mskotch, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Oct 6, 2010 at 10:49 PM
    Mskotch

Mskotch [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    litchfield,ct
    Vehicle:
    02 trd v6
    3"toytech lift 285 m/t's w/ toyota tundra wheels grillecraft billet grille 10k HID'S tinted tails fog-light mod westin ultimate series b-bar custom 5 on 5% tint-all around w/ strip debadged ..much more
    hey guys. i got a picture for yas on how my baby sits today. excuse how dirty the truck is. but, its an older picture, and a crappy quality picture, as it was taken from my cell phone, but you get the picture. haha. literally.

anyways, this is after i installed the bug deflector, and the 1.25" wheel spacers. i have done the fog light mod, and i have added blue LED's to my corner/running lights.(not displayed)

enjoy..

Image_2fde3cd544ea56e0fce893f675e97f3fb62ed094.jpg

2. Oct 6, 2010 at 10:54 PM
    supremetaco2

supremetaco2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    concrete jungle, oahu
    Vehicle:
    04inacoma
    +hp, lifted, lights, dif breather mod, debadged, shorty antenna...
    SICK, now take pics of those LEDs.. I want to see em!

3. Oct 6, 2010 at 11:05 PM
    brettb

brettb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    '99 Tacoma
    Sick truck dude

4. Oct 7, 2010 at 12:57 AM
    Tbird

Tbird Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Santa Teresa, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 4X4 TRD Sport Access cab (white)
    ICON Ext.trav coilovers, rear ICON w/res. TC UCAs. All-pro 3" leafpac & U-bolt flip kit. Konig Countersteer offroad wheels. Goodyear Durtracs 260/75/16. Blacked-out badging, BHLM, Extra D-rings, Satoshi grill, SockMonkey "All Terrain" decals, Avid Off-road light bar and rock rails, Wet Okey seat covers. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. GROM ipod interface.
    You forgot to mention the front-bumper mod. Looks like the bull bar was installed a bit late.

Also noticed the passenger-seat mod.

Truck looks great! Still like the Gen-1 body style better than the Gen-2. Just wish it was bigger and the rear doors on the access opened.

5. Oct 7, 2010 at 1:03 AM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    How did you get the sweet bumper mod? JK looks good dude!

6. Oct 7, 2010 at 2:23 PM
    tacomaforlife

tacomaforlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    Its a Toyota what more is there to say.....
    TRD S/C 3" sky jacker suspension lift,33" kumho road venture mt kl71's 16" 320c pacer wheels,billet grill,EBC slotted and dimpled rotors,super 44 muffler with gutted cat,smoked l.e.d. tail lights, deck plate mod with K&N filter,fog/blinker mod,cobra cb with 4' firestick antenna/100W PA,clear corners with l.e.d bulbs,55w back up lights,urd O2 sim., blue l.e.d bulbs behind gauge cluster.
    looks good!

7. Oct 7, 2010 at 2:36 PM
    ERIC

ERIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Impulse Red TRD PreRunner SOLD
    Pioneer double din navi head unit and four 5x7 alpine speakers, westin light bar, procomp lights, head and tail lights, black billet grille, billet antienna, gibson headers and cat back exhaust, afe cold air, uni chip programmer, Bilstein 5100's, Pro comp wheels and tires, tint, blacked out emblems, innu roof rack, yakima basket, foglight mod...
    wow nice truck! Impulse red all the wayy!! ouchh what happened to your front end though?

8. Oct 7, 2010 at 2:50 PM
    shitroc

shitroc Master of War

Member:
    First Name:
    Ant
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Listed in sig.......
    were ya gettin much rubbing with the 285's before ya added the spacers?

9. Oct 7, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    Mskotch

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    litchfield,ct
    Vehicle:
    02 trd v6
    3"toytech lift 285 m/t's w/ toyota tundra wheels grillecraft billet grille 10k HID'S tinted tails fog-light mod westin ultimate series b-bar custom 5 on 5% tint-all around w/ strip debadged ..much more
    they actually rub a little bit now AFTER i installed the spacers. its very very minor. before i installed the spacers i had no rubbing whatsoever.

as to all the questions about my front bumper. well first off, thats my second bull bar. hah. what happend was, long story short, my girlfriends ex b/f had a bit of a jealousy issue. so one night while i was heading to a friends party i coincidently got behind her ex b/f. so after a few minutes following him, i went to pass (on a upward slope), and he sped up so i couldnt get around him and there was on coming traffic, so i fell back and got back into my lane. so farther up the road, this time i built up some speed to pass, and in the proccess of me accelerating, he slammed on his brakes to a dead stop!! he was prolly doing 40-45mph and i had gotten up to about 55ish or so, and i went right into the back of his truck, his hitch is what did the damage when he pulled awa. when slamming on my brakes, the nose of my truck dived onto his hitch. hes got a tacoma as well, same color as mine, but with out color matched flares and bumpers, go figure right!!

i had the westin safari bull bar before this one, and believe it or not, it saved the front end of my truck of being any worse.

edit: if you look closely, you will notice the indents, where the old bull bar pushed into my bumper.

10. Oct 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    Tankoma04

Tankoma04 Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    3.5 inch Fabtech front lift & 2.5 inch lift rear

Tacoma on Tacoma Crime...lol

11. Oct 7, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    Tacomadude89

Tacomadude89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    I like it, looks beefy.

12. Oct 7, 2010 at 9:36 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    2002 XtraCab TRD 4x4 SCv6 AutoTrans With Lots of Mods ADS COs w/Compression Adjusters Camburg Uniball UCAs Whiteline Lower Control Arm Bushings Kartek 7" Limit Straps Plastics Guy Front Bumpstops Custom Alcan Springs +800 lbs +3" ADS 10" Stroke Triple Bypass w/Resi Rear Shocks Custom Rear Shock Relocate All-Pro U-bolt Flip w/Timbren Bumpstops 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker ARB Twin Compressor Black 17x8 Konig Countersteer Type X 285/70r17 Falken A/T3w Gunmetal 16x8 SCS Ray10s 255/85r16 Maxxis Bighorns Limited Edition (Relentless) Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport Selective Yellow Fog Lights in the Bumper Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro 4,000 Kelvin SAE Driving Lights with Clear Lenses on the Bumper Morimoto D2S Projectors XB35 Ballasts + 4300K Bulbs Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Dometic CFX 55im Fridge/Freezer Alpha II Hardshell RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Dual Northstar 24F AGM batteries BlueSea 7622 ML-ACR Battery controller Peak DBI Dual Battery Voltage Monitor Magnuson MP62 Supercharger w/2.37" Pulley Haltech Elite 2000 Standalone ECU Denso 650cc Fuel Injectors Doug Thorley Headers Aeromotive Stealth 340 Fuel Pump TransGo A340F Reprogramming Shift Kit Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT, Magnaflow 18" Muffler w/Vibrant Resonator 13WL Brake Calipers Braided Steel Brake Lines ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Kenwood TM-71A Dual Band Ham Radio Larson 70CM/2M Antenna Uniden 520xl CB radio 3' Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1" Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    So...the passenger seat mod goes for guys that have Impulse Red Pearl Tacomas eh? :drool:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

j/k :D

13. Oct 7, 2010 at 9:48 PM
    GA_TACO4x4

GA_TACO4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    here 'n there
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB 4x4
    marathon superhide max-4 seat covers, weathertechs, maglite mod, 20% tint, 2" leveling kit, leaf spring tsb.
    sounds like he was tryin to win himself a free ass-whoopin. i cant stand immature ppl like that. too bad there's no way u coulda made him replace ur bumper.

14. Oct 8, 2010 at 12:35 AM
    Mskotch

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    litchfield,ct
    Vehicle:
    02 trd v6

i dont want to advertise the outcome online, but lets just say i got in a REAL lot of trouble after this incident, beyond anyones imagination. I am not proud of what i did, i let my anger get the best of me. i made a VERY poor decision. i will be the first to admit it. and i regret it to this day.

on the other hand, dont do something as immature and stupid to a 6', 245lb person who loves there truck.:D:)

-mike

Products Discussed in

To Top