Notices

Stereo Upgrade

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
Kolar is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
Kolar's Tacoma Gallery
Stereo Upgrade

Hey guys I nam doing a stereo upgrade and looking for some ideas for subs for my 03 double cab behind the seat. any one has any experience with any thing other than 8" behind the seat? send me some pics so i can get some good ideas this one has really stumped me. I have personally never had any sub smaller than a 10" and am not sure if 8"s will give me the sound I am looking for.I have a few options i have been looking at the JL TW5 or the JL 8W1V2s the Sound stream Stealth-13 the Kicker CompVT8s or maybe the Alpine Type R any suggestions or pics would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
how do those bazooka tubes sound? I had one of the big triangle lookin bazooka tubes and a kenwood 350w amp powering it in high school. That thing was bad ass.
Here is what I am lookin at.
http://www.amazon.com/Bazooka-BTA825...6684634&sr=8-1

I now want a little more base! What do you have powering your tubes?
Old 10-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraether View Post
how do those bazooka tubes sound? I had one of the big triangle lookin bazooka tubes and a kenwood 350w amp powering it in high school. That thing was bad ass.
Here is what I am lookin at.
http://www.amazon.com/Bazooka-BTA825...6684634&sr=8-1

I now want a little more base! What do you have powering your tubes?
The sound is unreal... my 2 6" tubes are powered by a 250W Kenwood Amp Through a Kicker Crossover.
I think you would have trouble fitting an 8" tube back there...
I took a weekend to carefully alter the "behind the seat" plastic to fit the tubes. I had to dremmel off 4 of the mounts on the rear wall to squeeze them in.

Products Discussed in this Thread