1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Awful Mileage?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by gonathan85, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Oct 12, 2010 at 12:12 AM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    Of course, (i moused over your name and got your transmission) the manual is the only way to go. On the new ones they advertise that the 5 speed auto (such as it is, horrible reviews) gets better gas mileage. But its hard to save gas on an automatic. Its always automatically driving for you. If you had had "auto" in your name, I would have figured you a fool for even trying to get better gas mileage (out of a 98) and ignored it.

ya start getting up in mileage and you start losing tolerance all over the vehicle. Sometimes it makes it loose, sometimes it makes it more binding. Compression might be slipping at that mileage too. Bet if you got a top end and injector cleaning done on it, you'd notice it. I'm not familiar with your tires, but some have horrible rolling resistance which isn't obvious to the eye.

Also I was getting better mileage than that at 50k using fossil fuels. If your area is using 10% E then you're going to see a few percent drop vs 10 years ago. Are you using the recommended oil? (10-30 in 98?).

Yea you're not in worrying territory. But we all want to save money, the planet, and still drive what we want/need.
    keep up on your maintenance...

Products Discussed in

To Top