Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Better ride quality?

Old 10-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
Better ride quality?

I have a 3" lift on my 01 tacoma for the last 40,000 miles or so and i was wondering today what were some good shocks to go with if i wanted to see if i could get a little smoother ride...i dont do intense off roading anymore but still do some light stuff and also haul my boat...currently have stock front shock and skyjacker hydro 7000 in the rear...is there anything out there that may give a slightly better ride quality?
Old 10-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I think I can probably speak for a majority here when I say Bilstein 5100's.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah thats what im hearing...about what to the go for, pricewise? i havent had a chance to research them yet. will they raise the front on inch or am i making that up? (bc i would prefer that actually)
Old 10-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #4

would you know the part number for the shocks i would need?
Old 10-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #6

yeah its the tuff country with front spacers and blocks in the rear...after researching im going to remove the spacers and let the shocks give me the lift as long as i dont lose any height in the front.