Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Blue Lights

Old 07-21-2008, 10:36 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Blue Lights

Can I put the blue head lights in my 96 Toyota Tacoma? Or is it to old of a model for the new types of lights??
Old 07-21-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
are you talking about replacement bulbs? if so yes just find the color
Old 07-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
are you talking about replacement bulbs? if so yes just find the color

No I think they are called xenon's
Old 07-21-2008, 10:48 PM   #4
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
Can I put the blue head lights in my 96 Toyota Tacoma? Or is it to old of a model for the new types of lights??
Do what you want, man. As long as you like it, that's all that matters!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Then you are talking hid's
http://www.automotivelightingusa.com/
Old 07-21-2008, 10:51 PM   #6
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ohh...I get it now. I'll respectfully back away...
Old 07-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance

Quote:

Yea
Old 07-21-2008, 10:57 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com

I wouldnt see why not just find your size bulb and go from there you can always call and ask thats what i would do.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:59 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance

Quote:
I wouldnt see why not just find your size bulb and go from there you can always call and ask thats what i would do.

Question is who do i call? I see that eBay has them from the 97 and up, but not anything older! And can i just replace the bulb or do i have to redo the whole light??
Old 07-21-2008, 11:08 PM   #10
Founder Socaltacomas.com

call someone from the website i gave you. if a bulb fails you can easily replace it
Old 07-22-2008, 08:58 AM   #11
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
95-97s use sealed beam headlights, not bulbs. You'd have to get retrofit headlights, something like this:

and then get the HID kit which includes the bulbs and ballasts.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #12
Founder Socaltacomas.com

i was wondering if thats what he had i see good to know
Old 07-22-2008, 09:28 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
95-97s use sealed beam headlights, not bulbs. You'd have to get retrofit headlights, something like this:

and then get the HID kit which includes the bulbs and ballasts.

What would that run me??
Old 07-23-2008, 12:33 AM   #14
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Check eBay to get a ballpark figure.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:51 AM   #15
Sprayin' Paint like Its my Job
Choco Taco is on a distinguished road

Choco Taco's Tacoma Gallery
you can do it. ebay is full of replacement bulbs. I did it on my 86 s-10. same thing. just replace your headlight with theirs

Pretty sure I got mine from procarparts.com

I know its an old post, but someone might be looking for it still