Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

spare tire carrier

Old 10-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
7tac0ma7 will become famous soon enough7tac0ma7 will become famous soon enough
Name: Spencer
7tac0ma7's Tacoma Gallery
spare tire carrier

looking to buy a spare tire carrier. Have been looking at some from tiregate.com and i love the look they have but damn they are expensive! Also ive got fiberglass bedsides on my truck and am not sure if it would be able to bolt up to it. Any suggestions on where else to find one, or even a vendor who can custom make one?
Old 10-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
nfab in bed tire carrier. tey make one for 2nd gen not sure about 1st gen
Old 10-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
I think N-Fab does make a 1st Gen. Eerrrr... at least, they used to
Old 10-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Tiregate bolts to the sheetmetal where the tailgate would normally bolt in. I have one and will be tying it into the frame/ Bedcage because I do not feel it is that secure.

Beefed Taco makes some cool carriers, take a look at those.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
7tac0ma7 will become famous soon enough7tac0ma7 will become famous soon enough
Name: Spencer
7tac0ma7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
I think N-Fab does make a 1st Gen. Eerrrr... at least, they used to
Just looked around on their website and couldn't find any for 1st gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
Tiregate bolts to the sheetmetal where the tailgate would normally bolt in. I have one and will be tying it into the frame/ Bedcage because I do not feel it is that secure.

Beefed Taco makes some cool carriers, take a look at those.
Ya thats my issue. The bedsides extend past where that sheet metal usually is. Right now i have to tailgate bolted into them but even that has me sketched out so i think a tire carrier bolted in to that would cause issues. let me know how it works out when attach it to the frame/bedcage.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Once we tie it in I have no doubt itll be solid. Only thing about how we are doing it is that I dont think you could mount the tire Inboard anymore (I have the PR series). For me this isnt an issue as I dont want to loose the bedspace and such anyways.

We should be doing all this as soon as I can afford my new shocks to go with my new leafs I just picked up. Trying to get everything changed at once.