Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

tacoma prerunner brush guards/winch??

Old 10-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
bgdeer1 has a spectacular aura aboutbgdeer1 has a spectacular aura aboutbgdeer1 has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: gunna
bgdeer1's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma prerunner brush guards/winch??

Hi i was intrested in getting a brush guard, i wanted to see if any has one that i could view pics of it to see what it looks like. Im also intresed in attaching a winch to it aswell. If anyone has pics of either a winch n a brushguard together or just a winch let me see them. Thanks! Also, tell me the Pros with a brushguard/winch if u use them.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Most brush guards aren't designed to handle a winch. I have seen one made by I believe Westin and I think Warn might make one too... but you'll have to verify it's designed for it. Most people will tell you for winching you're better off going with an offroad bumper. They're not too much more than you'll spend for a top of the line brush guard and offer much more protection.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Check out allpro if you need a winch mount.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Brush guards aren't really good for anything other than protecting your from brush. For that amount of money you're better off getting a true off road bumper with a winch mount. If you're going to be winching, I'm assuming you're going to be doing some type of off roading. The brush guard is thin and will bend very easily.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
check out my bumper. it has a winch plate. ill be getting a winch very soon.

check out "My garage" in my sig.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #6
bgdeer1 has a spectacular aura aboutbgdeer1 has a spectacular aura aboutbgdeer1 has a spectacular aura about
bgdeer1's Tacoma Gallery
ok sorry i wasnt very specific when i describing what i was wanting and what i intended on using it for. The main thing is i want a winch, considering my truck is only 2wd. Id like to have it as a security as well as a little fun. The whole brush guard thing i could carelss about.. i thought u could mount the winch to the Brushguard n thats all.. to sum it all up, I want a winch but how do i go about mounting it. New bumper,? just a mounting kit? what do i need to get to mount it? do i need to remove my bumper in order to mount it? n do i need a new offroad bumpper ? thanks
Old 10-19-2010, 07:01 AM   #7
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe this link will help. Most winches are supported by a specific mount due to their weight which is why off road bumpers give you the option of having a mount.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164726
Old 10-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #8
bgdeer1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for that link, gave me ideas. I love the look of the newer tacoma in the pic. The one exactly like mine with a nice offroad bumper/winch. looks Clean n aggressive. Ugh so many decisions i dont know what to do!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #9
bgdeer1's Tacoma Gallery
love this, anyone know what winch n bumper it is?
Attached Thumbnails
tacoma prerunner brush guards/winch??-tacoma-winch.jpg