1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tacoma prerunner brush guards/winch??

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by bgdeer1, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Oct 18, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    bgdeer1

bgdeer1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    minooka il
    Vehicle:
    tacoma prerunner
    3 inch lift in back 1 1/2 front. 31' mesa A/T's. Alpine deck, alpine speakers, l5 kicker solo baric sub
    Hi i was intrested in getting a brush guard, i wanted to see if any has one that i could view pics of it to see what it looks like. Im also intresed in attaching a winch to it aswell. If anyone has pics of either a winch n a brushguard together or just a winch let me see them. Thanks! Also, tell me the Pros with a brushguard/winch if u use them.

2. Oct 18, 2010 at 8:33 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Most brush guards aren't designed to handle a winch. I have seen one made by I believe Westin and I think Warn might make one too... but you'll have to verify it's designed for it. Most people will tell you for winching you're better off going with an offroad bumper. They're not too much more than you'll spend for a top of the line brush guard and offer much more protection.

3. Oct 18, 2010 at 8:46 PM
    Johnnie

Johnnie Well-Known Member

Member:
    I.E. SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Feds
    Brush guards aren't really good for anything other than protecting your from brush. For that amount of money you're better off getting a true off road bumper with a winch mount. If you're going to be winching, I'm assuming you're going to be doing some type of off roading. The brush guard is thin and will bend very easily.

4. Oct 18, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    tacomarotto

tacomarotto "Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Jacksonville
    Vehicle:
    Audi S3
    check out my bumper. it has a winch plate. ill be getting a winch very soon.

check out "My garage" in my sig.

5. Oct 19, 2010 at 5:57 AM
    bgdeer1

Member:
    minooka il
    Vehicle:
    tacoma prerunner
    3 inch lift in back 1 1/2 front. 31' mesa A/T's. Alpine deck, alpine speakers, l5 kicker solo baric sub
    ok sorry i wasnt very specific when i describing what i was wanting and what i intended on using it for. The main thing is i want a winch, considering my truck is only 2wd. Id like to have it as a security as well as a little fun. The whole brush guard thing i could carelss about.. i thought u could mount the winch to the Brushguard n thats all.. to sum it all up, I want a winch but how do i go about mounting it. New bumper,? just a mounting kit? what do i need to get to mount it? do i need to remove my bumper in order to mount it? n do i need a new offroad bumpper ? thanks

6. Oct 19, 2010 at 6:01 AM
    Johnnie

Johnnie Well-Known Member

Member:
    I.E. SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Feds
    Maybe this link will help. Most winches are supported by a specific mount due to their weight which is why off road bumpers give you the option of having a mount.

7. Oct 19, 2010 at 6:10 AM
    bgdeer1

Member:
    minooka il
    Vehicle:
    tacoma prerunner
    Thanks for that link, gave me ideas. I love the look of the newer tacoma in the pic. The one exactly like mine with a nice offroad bumper/winch. looks Clean n aggressive. Ugh so many decisions i dont know what to do!

8. Oct 19, 2010 at 6:12 AM
    bgdeer1

Member:
    minooka il
    Vehicle:
    tacoma prerunner
    love this, anyone know what winch n bumper it is?

tacoma winch.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top