1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

trailmaster inquiry

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Kauaib0y, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Oct 19, 2010 at 12:06 AM
    Kauaib0y

Kauaib0y [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    tonka truck
    9" suspension and body 36 inch irok radial 4.0 harness cold air intake straight pipe Stage 3 clutch & Lightened Flywheel
    [​IMG]

Im new to this forum, anyways weve installed a tp95 trailmaster suspension kit when i first bought the truck back in 2002. Ive been running their set up for my front suspension, but now is in desperate need for replacement. I was wondering if anyone here has swap out the OEM struts for an adjustable coilover? "ProComp or KING" etc. Not also sure if this is possible; the trailmaster kit uses a 5 or 6 inch coil spacer thats attached to the oem strut assembly which bolts on to the oem strut mounts. Ive contacted trailmaster but could not provide any help since they stopped making those kits awhile back, and wouldnt recommend any other product. Or am I just sh#t out of luck but to replace the bilstein shock and purchase another set of eibach coil springs? Thanks for all suggestions?

2. Oct 19, 2010 at 10:46 PM
    Kauaib0y

Kauaib0y [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    tonka truck
    9" suspension and body 36 inch irok radial 4.0 harness cold air intake straight pipe Stage 3 clutch & Lightened Flywheel
    BUMP...anything?

3. Oct 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM
    zero4

zero4 Metal Cutter

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    SFV, CA
    Vehicle:
    01' DCab 3.4L TRD
    Donahoe CO, Donahoe Rear Resi, Deaver J59, 16" Pro Comp, 33" BFG AT, Hayden Trans Oil Cooler, Oil Filter Relocator, FM 40, ES Bushings, Beefed CB Drop, Deckplate, K&N Drop-In, DO Bed Bar, Cobra 75 WXST, Firestik Firefly, Philips D1R, Clarion Remote Start, Husky Liners
    I know someone in HI with the Trailmaster kit running Sway-A-Way coilovers so it can be done. Don't know anything else about it though & not sure what else is needed to run a coil over. If you search TTORA or CT I'm sure you will find the answer.

4. Oct 20, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    Kauaib0y

Kauaib0y [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    tonka truck
    great...that just gave a little confidense boost; although I regret purchasing the tp95 for my truck, I have no other choice but to run what I got and see if it I can do a swap somehow. Besides running 36 inch tires with stacked front suspension is a terror to maintain.

5. Oct 20, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    Kauaib0y

Kauaib0y [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    tonka truck
    Ill keep that in mind, theres a OEM bilstein front shocks on craigslist thats going for a bill, maybe i can pick that up and save some cash or get my self a set of Monroe Quick Lift for 190 ea. Gives me another 2.5" lift vs. the oem struts and the best thing about it, the strut mounts bolts right in thus getting rid of that horrible 2 inch coil spacer.

Products Discussed in

To Top