Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

trailmaster inquiry

Old 10-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
Kauaib0y is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
Kauaib0y's Tacoma Gallery
trailmaster inquiry

Im new to this forum, anyways weve installed a tp95 trailmaster suspension kit when i first bought the truck back in 2002. Ive been running their set up for my front suspension, but now is in desperate need for replacement. I was wondering if anyone here has swap out the OEM struts for an adjustable coilover? "ProComp or KING" etc. Not also sure if this is possible; the trailmaster kit uses a 5 or 6 inch coil spacer thats attached to the oem strut assembly which bolts on to the oem strut mounts. Ive contacted trailmaster but could not provide any help since they stopped making those kits awhile back, and wouldnt recommend any other product. Or am I just sh#t out of luck but to replace the bilstein shock and purchase another set of eibach coil springs? Thanks for all suggestions?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
BUMP...anything?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
Metal Cutter
zero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
zero4's Tacoma Gallery
I know someone in HI with the Trailmaster kit running Sway-A-Way coilovers so it can be done. Don't know anything else about it though & not sure what else is needed to run a coil over. If you search TTORA or CT I'm sure you will find the answer.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4 View Post
I know someone in HI with the Trailmaster kit running Sway-A-Way coilovers so it can be done. Don't know anything else about it though & not sure what else is needed to run a coil over. If you search TTORA or CT I'm sure you will find the answer.
great...that just gave a little confidense boost; although I regret purchasing the tp95 for my truck, I have no other choice but to run what I got and see if it I can do a swap somehow. Besides running 36 inch tires with stacked front suspension is a terror to maintain.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaib0y View Post
great...that just gave a little confidense boost; although I regret purchasing the tp95 for my truck, I have no other choice but to run what I got and see if it I can do a swap somehow. Besides running 36 inch tires with stacked front suspension is a terror to maintain.
Not too sure on the trailmaster lift but I know guys was swapping the top plates off the 05+ coilovers and running the older Tacoma top plates on six inch lifts I'm sure it can be done
Old 10-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Not too sure on the trailmaster lift but I know guys was swapping the top plates off the 05+ coilovers and running the older Tacoma top plates on six inch lifts I'm sure it can be done
Ill keep that in mind, theres a OEM bilstein front shocks on craigslist thats going for a bill, maybe i can pick that up and save some cash or get my self a set of Monroe Quick Lift for 190 ea. Gives me another 2.5" lift vs. the oem struts and the best thing about it, the strut mounts bolts right in thus getting rid of that horrible 2 inch coil spacer.