Notices

Access Cab / Extended Cab???

Old 10-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
Elderly Gentleman - Junior Member
S-Runner '01 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerry
S-Runner '01's Tacoma Gallery
Access Cab / Extended Cab???

Will someone please explain the difference between an extended cab and an access cab?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
I would think that extended may refer to the older style light pickups that little space in the rear. Like the old Toyota Pickups (before the Tacoma). Access makes me think of the newer style with a bigger space that could fit a person. Small one, but a person non the less.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb11701 View Post
I would think that extended may refer to the older style light pickups that little space in the rear. Like the old Toyota Pickups (before the Tacoma). Access makes me think of the newer style with a bigger space that could fit a person. Small one, but a person non the less.
The Extended cab's are the 1st Gen Tacoma's the Access cab's are 2nd Gens.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
When I think of access cabs I think of the trucks with the small back area with the suicide doors (not the 4 door double cab), while the extended cab is fixed and does not open like the access cab.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
When I think of access cabs I think of the trucks with the small back area with the suicide doors (not the 4 door double cab), while the extended cab is fixed and does not open like the access cab.
this.

access has rear doors, xtra does not.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
^ There you go. The official name for the 1st gen was xtra cab. It had jump seats but no doors in the back. The access cab is the 2nd gen. It has the "suicide doors" in the back that open.