1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

flexalite fans or elctric fans instead of clutch fans

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 95.5taco, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Jul 27, 2008 at 12:11 AM
    95.5taco

95.5taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Canada
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 sr5 extcab
    air raid cold air intake, throttle body spacer, rear 2.5" add-a-leafs, downey headers, dynomax ultroflo muffler,new carbon fiber tail lights, warn transformer grille guard, Alpine mp3 player,Kicker competition speakers. Rancho 5000 shocks
    Hello I am in the process of looking at a flex-a-lite rad fan and getting rid of the clutch fan...all the literature and 99% of al the sellers say that you will greatly improve hp and mpg. i am just wondering if any one has installed one on their 1st gen taco, i am sure it would make a big differnce on a bigger truck aka the big three but not sure whether 400+ dollars is worth it. i have already put on a throttle body spacer, cold air intake, headers and a dynomax muffler to improve mpg and hp, and it has when i am not putting pedal to medal, so I am wondering if it will help or do nothing

2. Jul 29, 2008 at 3:58 PM
    ubermx5

ubermx5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Clara CA
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4 5 speed
    K&N Air filter
    It would be nice to know.

if there is a simple Plug and play type kit or know parts to buy.

My Fan clutch is going out. I rather spend good money on parts that can improve my truck.

Ok found this
    http://www.toyotacatalog.net/M1WebG...UniqueID=C6469FA9-9746-4264-A1A1-D66950A56CC0

Is there anything that cost less?
    Or is there a GM or Ford car that might have something that could work.
    Or some other car that is on the road today.

I am saying up to pay for a wedding. so i am broke till that happens in 2009.

3. Jul 29, 2008 at 7:06 PM
    95.5taco

95.5taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Canada
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 sr5 extcab
    air raid cold air intake, throttle body spacer, rear 2.5" add-a-leafs, downey headers, dynomax ultroflo muffler,new carbon fiber tail lights, warn transformer grille guard, Alpine mp3 player,Kicker competition speakers. Rancho 5000 shocks
    Yeah i hear it is fairly simple to install, see at least you would get free shipping because you live in the US, I am from Canada and have to pay, shipping, duty and expidter service fees, I can get it for around 380.00, i have already spent close to 2000 on new headers, install and muffler so i am way beyond the line of looking back...hahaha I might get it next month, I'll let you know....good luck with wedding plans...

Products Discussed in

To Top