LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need help with a strange sound.......

Old 10-29-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Need help with a strange sound.......

Upon making turns in my 04 PreRunner D-cab lately, I am hearing a strange slushing sound coming from the dash area. I believe it is AC related, because when I start to hear this sound, I turn the fan to off, and it dissappears. Today after coming out of a store, I noticed I had liquid on both front floor mats. It doesnt smell like antifreeze. I did hear that sound today before finding my floormats wet. Anyone experience this, or have a clue the hell whats going on???
Old 10-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like heater core
Old 10-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
The Messiah
tacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomatrd99's Tacoma Gallery
My '99 did that too. I never really looked further into it. I believed it was a vacuum leak coming from the dashboard due to the changing the temperature controls.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
sounds like heater core
Doesn't smell like antifreeze.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #5
kxhansen is on a distinguished road
Name: Ken
kxhansen's Tacoma Gallery
Unclog the AC Drain Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtaco View Post
Upon making turns in my 04 PreRunner D-cab lately, I am hearing a strange slushing sound coming from the dash area. I believe it is AC related
Check your AC drain line under the car - it is probably clogged with road grime and stuff. I had this happen to my 1980 Corolla. The line backs up and when you make a turn it spills into the passenger compartment.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #6

OK, it just got even freakin wierder. Today while driving, I had very thin smoke coming out of my center dash AC vents, with no AC or fan on. Also, when I got home and shut everything down, I put my hand up against those center vents, and could feel like a moist heat in front of there. WTF is going on???
Old 10-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Symptoms

It really sound like the HEATER CORE to me. Had the mist when turning on the defroster or heat. Also, Filmy on the winshield. Did not smell like antifrz-but it was. HAVE FUN.
Best of luck--hope it is something else.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #8

I take it that a heater core change out in this truck isn't going to be fun................
Old 10-30-2010, 10:38 PM   #9
Dennis = sinneD
Mr.Fahrenheit is a name known to allMr.Fahrenheit is a name known to allMr.Fahrenheit is a name known to allMr.Fahrenheit is a name known to allMr.Fahrenheit is a name known to allMr.Fahrenheit is a name known to all
Mr.Fahrenheit's Tacoma Gallery
you can always just by-pass the heater core. they are a big job if u dont know what your doing...
Old 11-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #10
tacomahappy is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
tacomahappy's Tacoma Gallery
Pull your heater hoses of of the heater core from the firewall side and plug the hose holes. That will byplass the system. Then see it you still have the problem.