Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need suggestions for replacement front end bumper

Old 11-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
In over my head...
james has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant future

Army: P.O.L.
james's Tacoma Gallery
Need suggestions for replacement front end bumper

First, the bad news: someone backed into my front end bumber, sustaining $1000-$1200 damage.

Now the good news: he was an honest man, and his insurance company has agreed to take care of me. Cool.

Now the really good news: the insurance adjuster said that it was perfectly okay for the insurance company to simply cut me a check for making me whole again, and that I can install aftermarket bumper on my truck if I want to.

That's super cool. Now, I have some choices. I was thinking of an ARB bumper, but I've not seen others. I feel kinda lukewarm about the ARB front end.

What do I envision for my truck: rock solid, safe. I am NOT a rock-crawler and I only aspire to a new OME suspension. Nothing more, nothing higher. I spend most of my time on roads, both washboarded dirt and normal pavement. An OME suspension will serve me well for many years to come. I'm NOT an extreme truck user/abuser and don't need to outfit my truck for war...

So...What custom front end options are you running on your truck? What do you like and dislike about your choice? Would you please post some pics?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #2
vantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nice
vantaco's Tacoma Gallery
if you don't plan on ever putting a winch etc on, why even get a steel bumper?

why not just find an oem replacement and get it painted up?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
In over my head...
james has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant future

Army: P.O.L.
james's Tacoma Gallery
Moose. Moose here are a major hazzard on the roads. Therefore good lights and reinforced front ends are de rigeur in Alaska. And a winch would be in the plans eventually.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
vantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nice
vantaco's Tacoma Gallery
ok well then, there is a guy on here that makes them...don't know his name

i think there was a goup buy going on right now for them though
Old 11-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #5
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...le-bumper.html

thats probably the route i will go when the time comes

i used to love the ARBs but idk they look kinda too square for me now
Old 11-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
hey you can check out the bumpers i offer. 1 of them has been tested already by a member in Hawaii who had an accident with a Nissan cube at about 25mph and the bumper held up very well and would protect you against a moose a lot more than a stock bumper.
heres the car he hit, and his truck after

and a couple pictures of the bumper installed

Old 11-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
Ultimate TRD
fireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Brian
fireman_343's Tacoma Gallery
I want that!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman_343 View Post
I want that!!!
haha then get it!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #9
Ultimate TRD
fireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Brian
fireman_343's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
haha then get it!
I plan on getting one... just need to save up for it! Wife would kill me if I just dropped the cash for it now! Because I would want to get the rocksliders as well... that is if you make them for the 1st gen DC's?
Old 11-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #10
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman_343 View Post
I plan on getting one... just need to save up for it! Wife would kill me if I just dropped the cash for it now! Because I would want to get the rocksliders as well... that is if you make them for the 1st gen DC's?
yep i make them for all first gens. just break your stock bumper and then you have a good reason to get a new one
Old 11-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #11
Avsguy33 is on a distinguished road
Avsguy33's Tacoma Gallery
Relentless Fab. Nuff said.

That is by far the coolest bumper I have seen for Tacomas.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #12
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsguy33 View Post
Relentless Fab. Nuff said.

That is by far the coolest bumper I have seen for Tacomas.
Thanks man! i cant think of anything i would change to make it look better
Old 11-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #13
agreed. Its even worse for me since you and I have the same truck. I get to see what it would look like on mine every time I see your sig. I need to save up for it because I want some options with it as well.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #14
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
agreed. Its even worse for me since you and I have the same truck. I get to see what it would look like on mine every time I see your sig. I need to save up for it because I want some options with it as well.
nice you,ve got a v6 in yours though right? i can only wish mine had a v6 haha
Old 11-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #15
yup. Love it.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #16
Reaver is on a distinguished road
Reaver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yep i make them for all first gens. just break your stock bumper and then you have a good reason to get a new one
Sorry to derail thread, but have you had any 1995-1997 guys get one of those bumpers put on? I like it a lot, although I know if I did in fact get one it wouldn't be for 8-12 months from now, provided I like how it looks =)

Edit: also, what is the cost of it, and how is the installation in terms of difficulty and the ability to remove it in say 5 years from now (if I were to sell the truck)
Old 11-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #17
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
Sorry to derail thread, but have you had any 1995-1997 guys get one of those bumpers put on? I like it a lot, although I know if I did in fact get one it wouldn't be for 8-12 months from now, provided I like how it looks =)

Edit: also, what is the cost of it, and how is the installation in terms of difficulty and the ability to remove it in say 5 years from now (if I were to sell the truck)
my truck is a 96 so everyone of them has actualy been installed on my truck the install is pretty easy i'd say its just removing stock stuff and then throwing the aftermarket one on. only trimming you have to do is on the fender well plastic. and its pretty easy to install the stock stuff back on if you were to take it off. just reverse order of how you took it off. and the cost depends on what options you want and where you live for shipping.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #18
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yup. Love it.
lucky
Old 11-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #19
Reaver is on a distinguished road
Reaver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my truck is a 96 so everyone of them has actualy been installed on my truck the install is pretty easy i'd say its just removing stock stuff and then throwing the aftermarket one on. only trimming you have to do is on the fender well plastic. and its pretty easy to install the stock stuff back on if you were to take it off. just reverse order of how you took it off. and the cost depends on what options you want and where you live for shipping.
Thanks, I really like the look of the bumper on that red one you posted up a few posts. I'll definitely keep you in mind when I'm ready for that kind of addon.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #20
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
Thanks, I really like the look of the bumper on that red one you posted up a few posts. I'll definitely keep you in mind when I'm ready for that kind of addon.
sounds good man