Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tonneau cover with bike rack... let's see pics!

Old 11-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Spridal is on a distinguished road
Spridal's Tacoma Gallery
Tonneau cover with bike rack... let's see pics!

Thinking about getting a tonneau cover but need to transport my bikes too. I would like to see the setup some of you guys are using. Please post your pics.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:13 AM   #2
buzzjake is on a distinguished road

Army: Commander, 689th EN CO
Name: Shawn
buzzjake's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat. I would love to see some solutions.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:38 AM   #3
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
me too!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:39 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I use a Thule hitch mount bike carrier. Holds 2 bikes and locks into the class III receiver.
http://autoanything.files.wordpress....ke_carrier.jpg
Old 11-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
ive used the hitchmount system before . its pretty good. if your going to get a soft roll up tonneau you cound try something like this........ http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...0_20000_400019
Old 11-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up a Yakima track and rack system that I will be mounting on my Undercover tonneau.

There are some others with setups similar to this.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ndercover.html
Old 11-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
fireball05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
fireball05's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the possibly dumb question, but do they make the Undercover for my 1st gen (2000)?

Also, anyone point me to a good place to order one?

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #8
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
hers mine..I love it

Old 03-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #9
The Sausage King of Chicago
Abe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, National Park Service
Abe Froman's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^That's sick.

I'd love to do something like this, but it's so expensive. Tracks + landing pads + control towers + cross bars + bike racks = over $600 for yakima gear. I like the idea of a fork mount like this bolted directly to the tonneau.

http://www.yakima.com/shop/bike/truc...king-blockhead

It would need serious reinforcement underneath to keep it from ripping through, which is doable. What I can't figure is how to secure the rear wheel. A short tray section with a ratchet strap would be ideal, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Any other ideas for a clean looking tie down method for the rear wheel?
Old 03-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #10
I love my taco
tfortunato is on a distinguished road

Name: Tony
tfortunato's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat. I was either thinking of getting an entire rack system, but that could add up to as much if not more than the bike (depending on the bike). I like Abe's suggestion with putting the blockhead directly to the cover, but i have three fears... 1) leaking, 2) could it rip though (as mentioned), and 3) securing my rear wheel (also mentioned) The first two could be fixed if done right, but securing the wheel seems to be the hardest part. Any suggestions?
Old 11-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #11
The Sausage King of Chicago
Abe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, National Park Service
Abe Froman's Tacoma Gallery
here's what I ended up with...

write up is here...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...bed-cover.html
Old 01-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
clcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to behold
clcoyle's Tacoma Gallery
nice setup
Old 01-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #13
sixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sixsixsix's Tacoma Gallery
softopper.com has a good use of space design for their bike racks.