1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd gen springs on a 1st gen?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Deigo, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Nov 10, 2010 at 10:50 PM
    Deigo

Deigo [OP] Member

Member:
    colorado springs
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD
    hi new to the forum. i recently got a 2000 tacoma 4 cyl reg cab with a 2in toytech lift ( spacers in the front and aad in the back) the ride is harsh enough that im looking for a new lift. my buddy told me that 2nd gen tacoma front coils will fit and provide a 2 in lift. and seeing as i can pick up a set on the cheap on craigslist i wanted to see if anyone could validate or disprove this. thanks for any imput.

2. Nov 11, 2010 at 2:05 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    I don't think they'll fit, if you can't get a definitive answer by searching, hit up Chris4x4 (one of the MODS here) He's up on all kinds of info as to what works, what doesn't....:cool:

3. Nov 11, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    Deigo

Deigo [OP] Member

Member:
    colorado springs
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD
    thanks i appreciate it. ive done some seaching and havnt found anything solid. if i knew somebody with a new gen id just go take measurements, or i suppose i could go creep around a dealership... ah the things i go thru to avoid buying the proper parts like everyone else

4. Nov 11, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    Pig Punisher

Pig Punisher Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dearing ,ga
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 sr5, 99 4x4 trd
    Walker Evans coilovers, 285/75/16 km2's, Allpro tube bumper, Warn m8000, custom spare tire carrier, rear bumper work in progress: the 99; tec one coilovers 32" km1's on 17" stock chevy steelies, 1.5" rear shackles
    I have tried this, and it does not work. The top bolt pattern is different first of all, but I went way beyond that eventually fabbing a new top plate. The 2nd gen strut is way too long. when I finally got it bolted up the cv axle was seperated and wouldnt slip back in. I really wanted this mod to work, but dont waste your time like I did.

5. Nov 13, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    Deigo

Deigo [OP] Member

Member:
    colorado springs
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD
    i figured it sounded too good to be true haha. thanks for replying

Products Discussed in

To Top