Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

de-badging

Old 08-02-2008, 02:34 AM   #1
cclax2145 is on a distinguished road

cclax2145's Tacoma Gallery
de-badging

I was wondering if anyone new anything about de-badging the 1st gen. tacomas. I have an 02 pre-runner and ive been looking at forums for the past few days and cant find anything for the 1st gens. And wanted to know if it was any diffrent doing it for the 1st gens or if it was the same for both generations. Any feedback would be appreciated thanks.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cclax2145 View Post
I was wondering if anyone new anything about de-badging the 1st gen. tacomas. I have an 02 pre-runner and ive been looking at forums for the past few days and cant find anything for the 1st gens. And wanted to know if it was any diffrent doing it for the 1st gens or if it was the same for both generations. Any feedback would be appreciated thanks.
probably the same...just heat them up and run some fishing line behind them...theyre all held on with an adhesive tape
Old 08-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
probably the same...just heat them up and run some fishing line behind them...theyre all held on with an adhesive tape
yep........or let the truck sit in the sun for a couple of hours and they come realy easily.

just debadged my truck completely yesterday!! no more sr5 crap on the back rear doors, no more on the tailgate, and my side toyota tacoma emblems.......im blacking them out now and gonna put them back on. then those will be the only emblems left on there.

just a word of caution.........the sr5 and tail gate decals on the first gens are made of that rubbery type material, so if you take those off........they are conna chip off and you ont get those back on. as me how i know!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #4
cclax2145 is on a distinguished road

cclax2145's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I was actually thinking of doing the same thing as far as taking them off painting them and putting them back on. But did you say you cannot replace the tailgate and sr5 badges or if you can get them back on how do you do it?
Old 08-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclax2145 View Post
Thanks. I was actually thinking of doing the same thing as far as taking them off painting them and putting them back on. But did you say you cannot replace the tailgate and sr5 badges or if you can get them back on how do you do it?
those break real easy. may be better to get new ones for the tailgate and sr5.......and then paint them.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
those break real easy. may be better to get new ones for the tailgate and sr5.......and then paint them.
dont be a dumbass like me and try and handpaint them on the truck

it doesnt work...i promise
Old 08-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #7

Quote:
dont be a dumbass like me and try and handpaint them on the truck

it doesnt work...i promise
nah......i took them off and painted them, the side ones at least. the rest.....i trashed.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
nah......i took them off and painted them, the side ones at least. the rest.....i trashed.
haha ive got my side emblems on my fridge right now

and the tailgate ones are still on...and theyll stay there...doubt ill put the others back on
Old 08-02-2008, 08:25 PM   #9

Quote:
haha ive got my side emblems on my fridge right now

and the tailgate ones are still on...and theyll stay there...doubt ill put the others back on
i debadged my truck friday, cleaned and painted the tacoma side emblems flat black.....they look friggin awesome too.....and when im done dealing with all thats going on now......im gonna put them back on. then i'll have pics to come. black wheels, black toolbox, black out emblems.....soon to come, black grille and clear corners with black outline!!
Old 10-14-2008, 02:40 AM   #10
Sprayin' Paint like Its my Job
Choco Taco is on a distinguished road

Choco Taco's Tacoma Gallery
i tool all of mine off and replaced my SR5 logos with the nice chrome ones from an 07 sequoia and moved them to the front door above the body line

I also nabbed the huge toyota T from the grill of the sequoia and replaced the tape. it now resides in the center of my tailgate

they all look a lot nicer than the crappy foam ones toyota threw on out trucks
Old 10-30-2008, 06:05 PM   #11
fukthacubs is on a distinguished road

fukthacubs's Tacoma Gallery
post a pic
Old 10-30-2008, 08:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukthacubs View Post
post a pic
here is mine...

Old 11-03-2008, 08:19 AM   #14
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
Mine came off my tailgate pretty easily with plastic razor blade and a heat gun. They are on my toolbox now. Sprung for a new set when i painted my tailgate. I thought of debadging the whole truck...but my paint is slightly faded...defintely enough to notice.

I like the black theme you guys have done.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #15
xDEADBIRDx is on a distinguished road

xDEADBIRDx's Tacoma Gallery
how do you take the emblem off the grill?
Old 06-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #16
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDEADBIRDx View Post
how do you take the emblem off the grill?
open the hood, stick your hand behind there... is is held on with 3 small latches... it comes off pretty easy...
Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 AM   #18
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
i painted the one on my tailgate on the truck 3hrs of taping it out but it looks aight
Old 06-16-2009, 05:38 AM   #19
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRQ TACO View Post
anybody wanna part with there old emblems? I need some for my tailgate.
Got a chrome 2nd gen tacoma badge from tailgate you can have.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #20
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I did the fishing line, and it works well. I took the side door emblems off, and I think I want to get rid of the Toyota on the tail gate, but leave the Tacoma V6.

The only PITA part about it, is cleaning the dirt and left over adhesive off. Took alot of elbow grease!