Line-X Stock Wheels?

View Poll Results: Line-X Stock Wheels?
Yay 6 17.14%
Nay 14 40.00%
Gay 15 42.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Line-X Stock Wheels?

I'm thinking of line-x'ing my stock wheels, just wanted to get some feedback

Yay: "Dude not only would it look amazing, but the durability and low-maintenance is great"

Nay: "Bad idea, Bro. It would look terrible, be hard to balance your tires and/or would chip like a mofo"

Gay: "Wow dude. You need help if you actually thought this would be cool"
Old 11-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
pics of the truck from the side maybe?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
pics of the truck from the side maybe?
Sorry I should specify that I didn't do this.

Just thinking of
Old 11-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
zebra1550 will become famous soon enoughzebra1550 will become famous soon enough

Army: Staff Sergeant, 95B, 530th MP BN
zebra1550's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you could get the line-x to stick in the first place. Second, I don't think you could get balance the wheels, let alone get the weights to mount.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
shampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud of
shampoop's Tacoma Gallery
if you're gonna spend money to have professionals coat them, why not powdercoat them?
Old 11-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra1550 View Post
I don't think you could get the line-x to stick in the first place. Second, I don't think you could get balance the wheels, let alone get the weights to mount.
balance is the issue. it would ride like its on square wheels
Old 11-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #7
tisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
tisher49's Tacoma Gallery
not sure if you want line-x specifically but you can bedline them. I did it and I am really happy with the look. I used duplicolor spray on bed liner. Here's my write up of it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-write-up.html
Old 11-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Cleaning would be a pain in the ass.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #9
tisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707Bro View Post
Cleaning would be a pain in the ass.
it's actually not that bad. I just sanded everything and then wiped it down with acetone. Worked really well.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #10
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher49 View Post
it's actually not that bad. I just sanded everything and then wiped it down with acetone. Worked really well.
I imagine he meant cleaning line-x'd wheels would be a pain. Not prep work.

I wouldnt do it. that stuff is heavy, and that much un-needed extra weight on the wheels would just hurt mpg's. If you just want the look get some wrinkle paint.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I imagine he meant cleaning line-x'd wheels would be a pain. Not prep work.

I wouldnt do it. that stuff is heavy, and that much un-needed extra weight on the wheels would just hurt mpg's. If you just want the look get some wrinkle paint.
oh yeah your probably right...mine haven't been hard to clean but its also a different material than line-x.

Is Line-x that heavy? I haven't seen any decrease in mpgs with the stuff I used
Old 11-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #12
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I just meant its going to be heavier than a normal paint if its applied in normal thickness. Which may only be a slight difference, but just wasteful if you are just going for the look. A good paint or powdercoat will hold up against chips and peeling just as good or better than line-x.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #13
Spiral Out... Keep Going!
JBear is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
JBear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shampoop View Post
if you're gonna spend money to have professionals coat them, why not powdercoat them?
X2