Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

h4 hid kit 6000k 0r 8000k?

Old 11-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
ak.rideon is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
ak.rideon's Tacoma Gallery
h4 hid kit 6000k 0r 8000k?

yo, i am wanting to get a hid kit for my whip. i heard that philips makes a good brand but was curious of what you other taco drivers would suggest. what would be better a 6k 0r 8k kit? thanx
Old 11-18-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
~THE LIGHT GUY~
TBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak.rideon View Post
yo, i am wanting to get a hid kit for my whip. i heard that philips makes a good brand but was curious of what you other taco drivers would suggest. what would be better a 6k 0r 8k kit? thanx
6000k will be a little brighter than the 8's, and is also much more popular. I sell them if your interested. PM me for prices.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has
rhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
rhodehard09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
really depends on the color you want.
8000 is going to be a blue color, 6000 is going to be more white but will still have a slight blue tint.
i bought my kits(3) off e-bay for like 45.00 and a year later they are all working fine......
Old 11-18-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
thanx guys. anything good to say about the philips hids? i heard they are a good brand.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
k. gotta give those germans props. haha
Old 11-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #7
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
go 6000k
Old 11-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
Junior Mint
BeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeardedWeirdo's Tacoma Gallery
I've got 6000k in my headlights and fogs.

Light output:

I only run the headlights in town. I turn on the fogs for extra light off road or on empty highways.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #9
bearded weirdo, damn. those look pretty nice man. what brand of hids do u have?
Old 11-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #10
Stuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Stuart
Stuardoslls's Tacoma Gallery
Go 6000k.... They have a slight tint of blue when you see the lense but the light output looks bright white..
Old 11-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #11
Junior Mint
BeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
bearded weirdo, damn. those look pretty nice man. what brand of hids do u have?
They're Xentec. A buddy of mine has been running them on his TrailBlazer SS for awhile and highly recommended them. You can get them for about $40-ish a pair on Amazon or a few bucks cheaper on eBay. They come with a 2 year warranty. Wiring was completely plug and play. The headlights took 20 minutes total to wire them in and mount everything. Th fog lights are the only problem I had. The H10 bulbs' O-rings were about a hair too large to fit. After an hour jacking with them, I realized it and carefully swapped the O-rings on the stock halogen bulbs for the ones on the HIDs and they went in perfect after that. I really like them. I've had them about a month so far.

--I just noticed this is the 1st Gen forum, I stumbled in from the home page.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #12
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Did you have to take out the headlights? how hard is the wiring?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #13
~THE LIGHT GUY~
TBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
No, you can install the whole kit without removing the headlights. As far as wiring, it is very simple. It's all plug n play into the factory connectors and then for the bi-xenon kits you have to hook up power and ground to the battery to give source voltage to the inline relay. Very simple setup.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I say go with a 6K kit cause I personally think the 8K kit is to blue. Thats just my opinion though. Just remember your not going to get the true HID effect unless you have good projectors.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #15
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
looking to put opn some hids on my 98 taco the stock ones suck big time
Old 11-18-2010, 09:34 PM   #16
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
BeardedWeirdo - Your lights look amazing. Can you specify what brand/model. Is it a HID kit?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #17
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Soo 8000k r super blue?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #18
ww_firefighter- is that true what you said about hids and projectors? i havent heard that before. imo i think the hids look good with stock headlamps.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #19
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
I didn't take the headlights completely out. I had removed them fully to do the BHLM previously and the gen 2's have a 4th bolt that's a PITA to get to on each light, but it isn't required. So I only have 3 bolts per light. I took all the bolts out just to give myself a little wiggle room, but you can do it with the lights still in. Wiring is extremely simple and plug and play...and even if you get your power and ground backwards it won't hurt the kits I have. Which is nice, but you shouldn't need that kind of extra protection.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #20
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproulesxrunner View Post
BeardedWeirdo - Your lights look amazing. Can you specify what brand/model. Is it a HID kit?
I got mine through this seller. When you purchase, you give them the info for what bulb and color you want. My headlights are H4(low beam only) 6000k and the fogs are H10 6000k. I have a second gen. I'm not familiar with the 1st gen, so I don't know if it's different bulb sizes. Shipping took less than a week to get to Texas from them.

Link