Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
My buddy paid $75 at Vatozone for his.
Hahaha...Vatozone.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #42
COBOUNDTACO is on a distinguished road
COBOUNDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
Well I noticed a few spots on the driveway and I'v been able to track it down to the drivers side inner CV boot. There doesnt seam to be a tear of any sort, but there is a considerable grease leak going on that appears to be coming from the inside (larger) boot seal..

I'v read that it is easier to replace the whole thing instead of just the boot but I kinda down have the time or $ to do that right now.. Are there any other options for a fix? refill grease? How long do I have til this creates a bit problem?

I'v had the truck less than a month and have no idea how long the problem has existed. Thanks!

I have the exact same problem, does this need to be replaced?
Old 01-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #43
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBOUNDTACO View Post
I have the exact same problem, does this need to be replaced?
is the boot ripped or is it leaking around the clamp?

if the boot is ripped, replace the whole thing, if the clamp is leaking just throw a hose clamp on it.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #44
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post

if the boot is ripped, replace the whole thing, if the clamp is leaking just throw a hose clamp on it.

Ok, thanks.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #45
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post

Do I put a hose clamp over the clamp that's already on it?
Old 01-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #46
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do I put a hose clamp over the clamp that's already on it?
no, cut that one off. keep in mind this fix probably won't last all that long.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:18 AM   #47
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
The pic above is mine, taken a few months ago. After further inspection I'm not sure it was a leak at all. I simply cleaned it all up really well and there has been zero grease in that spot since. (Hopefully there's some grease still left inside the boot! )

Id suggest you clean it up well, THEN look for the leak before you go replacin stuff.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #48
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Just to throw it out there. .

Both Cv's on my truck were blown (3 boots total) and absolutely no grease left. Original Cv's with 250,000 before being replaced. They had been driven over 80,000 with boots blown by the previous owner and another 40,000 by myself before I finally replaced them just out of prevention. Absolutely no problems out of them.

If you aren't going to be in the sand every weekend or offroad on a constant basis I would leave them be.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:28 AM   #49
That's what I like to hear, thanks fellas.

TIPICOTACO, just out of curiosity, did you notice the grease soon after a lift was installed?
Old 01-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #50
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's what I like to hear, thanks fellas.

TIPICOTACO, just out of curiosity, did you notice the grease soon after a lift was installed?
NO, its got stock suspension. I noticed the grease when I went to re-paint the skid plate shortly after I bought the truck.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #51
TacoBlitz is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
TacoBlitz's Tacoma Gallery
If I did want to re-fill some of the grease that has come out of my boot do to a missing clamp... Does anybody know what kind of grease that I would need to use?

Thanks